Rachael Ray: Catering Kim Kardashian’s Wedding ShowerOctober 11th, 2011 - 11:21 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rachael was very excited to share some news with her audience today on ‘The Rachael Ray Show’, which she had been keeping a secret throughout the entire summer. Earlier in the year, Kim Kardashian’s mom had asked Rachael to cater Kim’s wedding shower, but wanted it to be a surprise. Rachael shared a few recipes from the menu of the party. Her “Grape Leaves Stuffed with Saffron Rice” recipe will be at the end of this article.
Before the shower, Rachael flew her culinary team 24 hours ahead of time, and they prepped everything for Rachael before she arrived at the Kardashian home. In order to have enough tables for everyone, a floor had to be fitted over the swimming pool outdoors, where the party took place. Kim had no idea the Rachael wrote the menu and was in California. The bride was surprised and thrilled that Rachael was there, and loved the menu. Rachael cooked for over one hundred guests.
Kris Jenner (Kim’s mom) was a guest on the show today. She called Rachael “a gift that keeps on giving.) Kris became teary eyed upon seeing Rachael again. Kris shared that things were very hectic in the weeks before the wedding, and so many things were scheduled close together that it was overwhelming. On the day of Kim’s shower with Rachael, Kris and the entire family left the shower, and had flown in two separate jets to Vegas for bachelor and bachelorette parties.
Kim was also a guest on the show today, which thrilled Rachael. She shared with Rachael that she has all of the orange ‘Rachael Ray’ pots and pans, and Kris added that she had a “full on” Rachael Ray kitchen. When asked what her favorite moment of her wedding was, Kim said that seeing all of her loved ones laughing and dancing, having so much fun was her favorite. Kris’s most loved moment was seeing Kim walking down the isle.
Kim’s favorite food from the wedding day (not the shower which Rachael catered) was a ravioli with truffles and a corn sauce. Here something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue was…something old-she sewed hearts which she had cut out of an old tshirt of her dad’s into her dresses. For something new Kim mentioned that she had fabulous shoes, which couldn’t be seen under the long dress. Her something borrowed was the jewels and tiara which she wore, and the something blue was a blue ribbon bow which was sewn into her Vera Wang wedding dress.
Grape Leaves Stuffed with Saffron Rice
2 cups chicken stock
A large pinch of saffron
1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup long grain white rice
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup golden raisins or currants
1/2 cup chopped and toasted almonds
1 jar grape leaves
1.Pour chicken stock in a small saucepot. Add saffron and place over medium-low heat to steep.
2.While the stock is infusing, place a medium saucepot over medium-high heat; add EVOO. Add rice and mix every now and then to lightly toast the grains, about 1-2 minutes. Add the infused chicken stock, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 16-18 minutes, until the liquid is soaked up and the rice is fluffy. If there is still some liquid in the bottom of the pot, keep on the heat for an additional few minutes. Let stand off heat for about 5-10 minutes then fluff with a fork. When the rice has cooled, stir in the raisins and almonds and season with salt and pepper. Let rice cool slightly before rolling grape leaves.
3.Lay a grape leaf on a flat surface and place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cooled rice mixture in the middle. Wrap the grape leaves as you would a burrito or an eggroll; fold the side closest to you over, fold in the sides, and roll tightly.
- Celine Dion & Kristin Chenoweth Stop by 'Rachael Ray Show' - Sep 29, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Extreme Couponing, Salma Hayek - Sep 21, 2011
- Bill Clinton Stars on 'Rachael Ray' Show - Sep 20, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Nick Lachey of 'The Sing Off' Stars - Oct 04, 2011
- Rachael Ray Stars NKOTB's Donnie Wahlberg - Sep 23, 2011
- Rachael Ray in the Kitchen with Tyra Banks and Rocco DiSpirito - Oct 06, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Rachel Bilson Gives Fashion Advice - Oct 12, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Shaun White, CoJo, and Pilgrim Sandwiches - Oct 10, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Hugh Jackman Visits, Bobby Flay Cooks! - Oct 15, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Poppy Montgomery & Linda Evans - Oct 18, 2011
- Recipes by celebrity NRI chef Vikas Khanna (To go with: 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra) - May 08, 2012
- Khloe: 'Kim's wedding is going to be Royal Wedding 2' - May 27, 2011
- 'Kim & Kourtney take on New York City' premiere reveals Kim & Kris' problems - Nov 29, 2011
- Kim Kardashian's mom gets the facelift done - Jul 16, 2011
- Pumpkin Pie recipes - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: bachelor, bachelorette parties, corn, culinary team, favorite food, jets, kim kardashian, many things, mom, oct 11, pots and pans, rachael ray, rachael ray show, ravioli, saffron rice recipe, swimming pool, truffles, walking down the isle, wedding day, wedding shower