Race makes a good start in MumbaiMarch 21st, 2008 - 11:37 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 21 (IANS) The movie “Race” made by Tips Films opened to an average 80 per cent collection in Mumbai theatres. The movie’s opening response was good as Friday was a holiday. But collections may drop Saturday, the day the country celebrates the festival of colours, particularly in the afternoon.
Although the week ends with four days of holidays in a row, including a Sunday, the holiday spell may not exactly bear fruits for the movie in Mumbai.
First, most of the family audiences may not visit the cinemas as the school examinations are still on. Secondly, many have already gone on out-of-town trips to make the best use of this rather long holiday spell.
These factors will surely impact the first week’s collections of “Race.”
But what goes in favour of the movie is that it has got the field open for itself, as it faces no competition from the two dubbed movies that have been released this week.
So until Eros Entertainment releases next week Kumar Mangat’s film, “One Two Three,” starring Suneil Shetty, Tusshar Kapoor, Esha Deol, Sameera Reddy and Paresh Rawal, “Race” will have one full week to itself to reap the benefits from Sunday to Thursday.
UTV has released “Race” on 1,600 screens worldwide, of which India accounts for 1,300 screens. It will have 3,600 shows per day in multiplexes in India, not counting the single screen and digital cinemas.
The movie is expected to accrue good benefits from overseas, especially from UK, US, the Gulf nations and Australia.
- Golmaal 3 Grosses Rs. 70 Crores In Opening Weekend - Nov 10, 2010
- Superhero 'RA.One' flying high with Rs.170 crore collection - Oct 31, 2011
- 'Golmaal 3' grosses Rs.117 crore worldwide in initial week - Nov 14, 2010
- Prakash Jha ties up with Eros - Mar 15, 2012
- 'Tezz' item song goes to Sameera - Jul 22, 2011
- Tusshar heads to Vaishno Devi after 24 years (Movie Snippets) - Sep 03, 2012
- SRK's 'Ra.One' aims at Limca record with longest fan mail - Jun 01, 2011
- Bollywood lines up festival releases - Jul 12, 2011
- Eros to distribute 'Tezz' in India - Apr 14, 2012
- 'Golmaal 3' earns Rs.70 crore in initial weekend - Nov 09, 2010
- 'Zindagi Na...' team to help Mumbai blast victims - Jul 20, 2011
- From real to reel: Reality inspires more Bollywood films - Jun 17, 2012
- I don't want to compete with Aamir Khan: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 21, 2012
- 'Zindagi Na Milegi...' earns Rs.108 crore in 10 days - Jul 27, 2011
- Bollywood bids for larger screen space - Nov 12, 2011
Tags: collections, eros, esha deol, family audiences, favour, festival of colours, fruits, long holiday, mangat, march 21, multiplexes, mumbai, paresh rawal, sameera reddy, school examinations, screens, tips films, town trips, tusshar kapoor, utv