Quit smoking, Jackky Bhagnani urges DelhiitesMay 29th, 2009 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) Bollywood newcomer Jaccky Bhagnani Friday joined the league of celebrities rasing their voices for a cause, urging Delhiites to quit smoking. He stressed that the habit was unhealthy and “uncool”.
“I’ve tried smoking a couple of times and I realised it is not a very good thing. In fact after smoking I had a strange feeling from inside…It’s not at all a healthy habit or a style statement to pursue and I’m saying it because I mean it,” Jackky told IANS here.
Jackky’s anti-smoking message is part of a campaign for World No Tobacco Day that will be observed Sunday.
“I have not flown all the way from Mumbai to assert myself over my audiences in Delhi but to simply request them to not play with their lives and the lives of passive smokers by lighting another fag,” he said.
Jackky was in the capital as a part of BIG 92.7 FM’s “Sutta Choro, Kal Kissne Dekha Hai Campaign” at the radio station.
Asked if he would light a cigarette on-screen, he said: “I don’t know whether I’ll have to do it or not in the future for a movie but what I do know is that I don’t think I’ll be doing it that easily unless it’s a hardcore role of smoker that requires smoking on-screen,” he maintained.
Jaccky is venturing into acting with his father Vashu Bhagnani’s “Kal Kissne Dekha” tentatively slated to release June 12.
- Shaan wants to stop alcohol promotion in movies (Movie snippets) - May 28, 2012
- Comparison with Salman makes Jackky happy - Aug 30, 2012
- 500 screens release for Kal Kissne Dekha worldwide - Jun 11, 2009
- Akshay says no to Vashu Bhagnani’s Faltu - Oct 07, 2010
- 'F.A.L.T.U' not a dance film: Jackky Bhagnani - Jun 18, 2010
- KAL KISSNE DEKHA GOLDEN NIGHTS - May 23, 2009
- Jackky Bhagnani becomes gets nostalgic - Oct 03, 2009
- Vashu Bhagnani postpones Film Kal Kissne Dekha - May 29, 2009
- Jackky-Pooja romance not a publicity gimmick! - Mar 07, 2011
- Kal Kisne Dekha hai release pushed ahead further - May 25, 2009
- Shah Rukh Khan had stepped in to help Jackky - Jun 16, 2009
- Dutt to play DJ in Kal Kissne Dekha - Mar 20, 2009
- Sanjay bails out Jackky Bhagnani, signs 'Faltu' - Sep 18, 2009
- I never wanted to be an actress: Nandita Das (Film Snippets) - Jun 12, 2009
- Hugely promoted 'Kal Kissne Dekha' gets dull opening - Jun 15, 2009