Queen, Tony Blair agreed not to watch ‘The Queen’, says Michael SheenJune 3rd, 2009 - 4:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 3 (ANI): Michael Sheen has alleged that Queen Elizabeth II and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair agreed not to watch the Stephen Frears’ 2006 British drama that centered itself on their relationship after the death of Princess Diana.
Sheen played Blair in the 2006 film The Queen which depicted an account of the immediate events following the death of Diana in 1997, 3 months after the politician came to power.
The 40-year-old actor said a “reliable source” told him that the Royal and the leader had decided against the viewing.
“I heard through a fairly reliable source that there was an agreement she was not going to watch the film and Mr Blair wasn’t going to watch the film either,” the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
He added: “There were only two people in the room when that happened and one of them told me. I’m not going to say any more than that.”
Sheen was recently honoured by the Queen with an Order of the British Empire (OBE) for his services to drama. (ANI)
- Queen honours Michael Sheen - Jun 03, 2009
- Wax Likeness Of Dame Helen Mirren Unveiled At Madame Tussauds - May 12, 2010
- Both Charlize Theron, Keira Knightley set to play Princess Diana - Oct 20, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth to honour Gary Barlow - Jun 10, 2012
- Julianne Moore to play Hillary Clinton in Special Relationship - Mar 23, 2009
- Barlow's Diamond Jubilee hangover - Sep 10, 2012
- Princess Diana's life to be made into a movie - Feb 06, 2012
- Barlow awarded OBE - Jun 17, 2012
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- Charlize Theron And Keira Knightley All Set To Play Princess Diana In Separate Biopic - Oct 21, 2010
- Peter Morgan Alleges Tony Blair Of Lifting His Own Lines - Sep 10, 2010
- Watts shifts to London for Diana role - Jun 17, 2012
- Lady Gaga has an acute fear of dying - Dec 12, 2011
- Princess Diana's palace opens to public - Mar 26, 2012
- Annie Lennox to receive Queen's honour - Dec 31, 2010
Tags: british drama, british prime minister, british prime minister tony blair, death of princess diana, elizabeth ii, former british prime minister tony blair, june 3, michael sheen, minister tony blair, mr blair, obe, order of the british empire, politician, prime minister tony blair, princess diana, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, stephen frears, telegraph, tony blair