Queen Noor Appeares On “Piers Morgan Tonight”February 8th, 2011 - 7:24 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Feb 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Since many days, the turmoil over Egypt has become a matter of concern for many people. In the “Piers Morgan Tonight” show, the host invited Queen Noor of Jordan, Nick Kristof and Fareed Zakaria to enlighten the audiences about the issue, live. It was a very enlightening show, as it revealed the other side of the story, and stated that extremist faith is not something that predominates Egypt. There are others, who are advocates of peace and security in the nation.
Queen Noor spoke about her opinion on the Muslims. She spoke especially about the Muslim Brotherhood. She said that most of the Arabs are moderate and peaceful by nature. She added that the Muslim Brotherhood, is simply one of those groups in the nation, like many others, who want their problems to viewed and solved. According to her, this group has a separate point of view, that they want to come forward and get highlighted in the society. When asked about the American involvement and extremist views existing in United States too, she replied that the extremes on both sides are “unhelpful” and that makes the matter worse. All these replies came as a response to the statements made by Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, that created a lot of controversy all over the world, and especially in Egypt.
Newt Gingrich openly gave give fundamentalist views that only fanned the fire. He said, that helping out the Muslim Brotherhood, to resolve the situation in Egypt would be wrong fundamentally, as this minority group is “a mortal enemy of our civilization”. According to him, the Muslim Brotherhood openly say so, and so does their fundamentalist Slogans. He also added that they only resort to Jihad, which translates to death. Newt Gingrich opposed Hilary Clinton’s decision to “reach out to the Muslim Brotherhood”. Queen Noor, on the other hand, opposed Newt Gingrich on the “Piers Morgan Tonight” show.
- Piers Morgan Ropes In Oprah Winfrey As Talk Show Guest - Jan 07, 2011
- Callista Gingrich is in the spotlight - Dec 24, 2011
- Winfrey first guest on Piers Morgan's new show - Jan 07, 2011
- Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood forms party to contest elections - May 01, 2011
- "Piers Morgan Tonight" Primiered With Oprah Winfrey - Jan 18, 2011
- Meghan McCain unhappy with Callista Gingrich - Dec 22, 2011
- Arab Spring's turbulent wake confronts US - Sep 14, 2012
- Kim Kardashian Fails To Help Piers Morgan With His Ratings On CNN Show - Jan 31, 2011
- GOP candidate to debate in Sioux City Iowa - Dec 16, 2011
- 'Fears of 'catastrophic' return of Islamic fundamentalists in Egypt' - Apr 02, 2011
- U.S. reexamining its relationship with Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood - Feb 03, 2011
- Possible Muslim Brotherhood govt "mother of all fears," for Egypt's Christians - Feb 08, 2011
- Christiane Amanpour Appears On CNN's 'Piers Morgan Show' Live From Cairo - Feb 01, 2011
- Egypt's VP Suleiman demonised Muslim Brotherhood as "bogeyman": Wikileaks - Feb 07, 2011
- Morgan bans Madonna from his show - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: advocates of peace, american involvement, arabs, extremist views, fareed zakaria, former house speaker newt gingrich, hilary clinton, house speaker newt gingrich, jihad, meena, minority group, mortal enemy, muslim brotherhood, newt gingrich, nick kristof, peaceful by nature, piers morgan, queen noor of jordan, slogans, speaker newt gingrich