Queen honours Michael SheenJune 3rd, 2009 - 2:23 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 3 (ANI): Michael Sheen, who portrayed former British Prime Minister Tony Blair in the hit film The Queen, met the real British monarch face to face when he was honoured during a ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
The 40-year-old star was made an officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for his services to drama.
Sheen said that he was thrilled to be honoured by the British royal Queen Elizabeth II - but was also mystified as to why he was handed the status.
“This is a huge honour. I am both thrilled and slightly mystified, but very grateful,” Contactmusic quoted Sheen as saying. (ANI)
- Queen Elizabeth to honour Gary Barlow - Jun 10, 2012
- AirAsia CEO awarded CBE at Buckingham Palace - Apr 01, 2011
- Status Quo rockers honoured with OBEs by Queen - Feb 14, 2010
- Queen, Tony Blair agreed not to watch 'The Queen', says Michael Sheen - Jun 03, 2009
- Barlow awarded OBE - Jun 17, 2012
- Annie Lennox to receive Queen's honour - Dec 31, 2010
- Another Royal Affair: Zara Phillips, The British Queen's Granddaughter, Becomes Engaged To Mike Tindall - Dec 23, 2010
- Situation vacant for chauffeur worth the Royals - Aug 15, 2012
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- Crown Jewels go on show for diamond jubilee - Mar 29, 2012
- Queen's granddaughter to marry soon - Dec 21, 2010
- After 'King's Speech' Oscar, Colin Firth 'set to be knighted' - Mar 04, 2011
- Hillary Clinton just made the Queen a week older! - Jun 05, 2010
- For the first time in 44 years, UK Queen to skip Commonwealth Games - May 30, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth great grandmom again - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: british monarch, british prime minister, british prime minister tony blair, buckingham palace, elizabeth ii, former british prime minister tony blair, honour, honours, june 3, michael sheen, minister tony blair, obe, officer of the order of the british empire, old star, order of the british empire, prime minister tony blair, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal queen, tony blair