Queen has a charming persona: MirrenJune 11th, 2012 - 7:48 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 11 (IANS) Actress Dame Helen Mirren, who played the role of Queen Elizabeth II in the movie “The Queen”, says the royal lady has a charming personality unlike her serious public persona.
The 66-year-old wanted to bring her lighter side to the character in the 2006 movie.
“She does laugh. She makes jokes. She twinkles. I met her once in a fairly relaxed situation at a polo match. She was charming and funny, not at all the serious person we think of. There’s someone else in there and I was desperate to bring that to the screen,” contactmusic.com quoted Mirren as saying.
The noble nature of the Queen has nothing to do with her being royal, says Mirren.
“Some people have noblity and it doesn’t matter what class they are. The Queen is noble, but that has nothing to do with being born royal,” she said.
- Helen Mirren terrified about royal role - Jun 10, 2012
- 'The Queen' Helen Mirren to 'skip' royal wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Dame Helen Mirren says Kate Middleton is very special person - Feb 09, 2011
- Helen Mirren's portrayal of 'The Queen' voted best movie monarch - Jan 18, 2011
- Mirren named as favourite movie monarch: poll - Jan 19, 2011
- Helen Mirren thought she was too raunchy to be a Dame - Oct 25, 2010
- Quentin Tarantino 'wants Helen Mirren to play foul-mouthed Queen' - Jan 21, 2010
- Helen Mirren says that her 'Best Body' title was rigged - Aug 31, 2011
- Helen Mirren not appearing in Indira Gandhi biopic - Jul 01, 2010
- Wax Likeness Of Dame Helen Mirren Unveiled At Madame Tussauds - May 12, 2010
- Dominic Cooper tried to woo Helen Mirren - Jul 26, 2011
- 'Frugal' Dame Helen Mirren loves sewing her hubby's socks! - Feb 05, 2011
- Both Charlize Theron, Keira Knightley set to play Princess Diana - Oct 20, 2010
- I am going to have Russell Brand's underwear framed, jokes Helen Mirren - Jan 25, 2011
- Helen Mirren feels 'incredible' after cementing place in Hollywood history - Apr 06, 2011