Queen Elizabeth a fashion icon: MinogueMay 8th, 2012 - 9:59 am ICT by IANS
London, May 8 (IANS) Australian singer Dannii Minogue says Britain’s Queen Elizabeth is a ‘fashion icon’ because she has never been boring in the way she dresses up.
“A grandmother several times over, the queen could be forgiven for sauntering into fuddy-duddy land, but instead, she dresses age-appropriately, sticking to colour-blocking suits she knows, and getting it so right,” Minogue told glamour.com.
“There aren’t lots of octogenarian fashion icons, but this 86 year old is a bonafide style queen,” she added.
Minogue says the queen manages to look stylish.
“Her wardrobe is a triumph of stylish functionality. When she stepped off the plane in Australia in October 2011, she spent most of her 11-day tour walking around, meeting her subjects,” she said.
- Dannii Minogue wants to design for Adele - Mar 27, 2012
- Minogue wants to design for Kate - Mar 19, 2012
- Emma Watson voted best dressed woman - May 03, 2011
- Emma Watson tops world's best-dressed poll! - May 03, 2011
- Minogue wants Aniston to don her label - Dec 30, 2010
- Dannii Minogue says she would love to dress Jennifer Aniston - Dec 29, 2010
- 'Kyaa Super Kool...' not for high-brows, says Ekta - Jul 10, 2012
- Victoria to style Dannii in 'The X Factor' - Oct 25, 2010
- No more heels for Dannii Minogue - Mar 01, 2012
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Dannii Minogue has a great fall! - Sep 13, 2012
- Go for layering in winter, suggests Dannii Minogue - Jan 07, 2012
- 'Suri Cruise best dressed celebrity child' - Jan 18, 2012
- Minogue wants dresses with flattering arms - Jun 29, 2011
- Pregnant Dannii Minogue launches new clothing range - Apr 28, 2010
Tags: australia, australian singer, dannii minogue, fashion icon, fashion icons, functionality, glamour, grandmother, london, queen elizabeth, sauntering, several times, style queen, suits, triumph, wardrobe