Pyramid Saimira to produce 52 moviesApril 8th, 2008 - 6:54 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, April 8 (IANS) Pyramid Saimira Ltd, which created a record last week by launching ten Tamil movies on a single day, has announced that the company will produce 52 movies during the current financial year. “Though most of these will be in Tamil and Telugu, we plan to make three or four movies in Hindi and some in other regional languages, like Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi and Bengali,” a company executive in Mumbai told IANS Tuesday.
Right now, Pyramid Saimira is busy finalizing the production of the ten Tamil movies launched Saturday in Chennai.
“We will invest Rs.350 to Rs.400 million in these movies,” P.S. Saminathan, managing director of the company, said at the launch ceremony in Chennai.
He said Pyramid Saimira has already completed six movies in various languages and seven more were now under production.
Apart from movie production, exhibition and distribution, the company is engaged in creating content for television and other modes. It is currently creating more than three hours of TV content in Tamil per day.
Saminathan said during the current fiscal, Pyramid Saimira would concentrate on movie production and distribution on a regular basis over and above expanding its exhibition business.
He said the company would produce 52 movies in different languages during the current fiscal. Of these, 24 will be in Tamil.
“We believe in scale and speed of production. The production business requires much higher level of creativity. We have created a huge eco system to compliment it,” said Saminathan.
The Pyramid Saimira managing director said he believed the Indian talent, if properly managed, could be a leader as content provider to the world with proper high technology inputs and structured production methodology.
“We aim to do exactly that in partnership with highly creative and experienced producers under the banner of Pyaramid Saimira Production International Ltd,” he said.
Some of the producers the company held talks with include Kovai Thambi, Amudha Duraraj,, Sangili Murugan, Karumari Kandasamy, Azhagan Tamizhmani, K. Balachander, K. Rajan and A.K. Vishnuram.
- Pyramid Saimira plans to raise funds through stake sale - Oct 06, 2009
- Pyramid Saimira slaps lawsuit on Kamal Haasan - Sep 09, 2009
- Pyramid Saimira slaps lawsuit on Kamal Haasan (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Sep 09, 2009
- Kolkata firm to buy stake in Pyramid Saimira Productions - Oct 06, 2009
- Chennai entertainment group defies downturn, plans investment - Dec 08, 2008
- Walt Disney, UTV to co-produce family films - May 19, 2011
- Shemaroo to release its 3D film online first - Oct 15, 2011
- Pyramid Saimira didn't have money to complete 'Marmayogi': Kamal Haasan - Sep 10, 2009
- Tamil Nadu minister's son dies in accident - Jun 25, 2012
- Indian IT firms bag British Petroleum contracts (Business Capsule) - Aug 26, 2009
- Chennai firm, Beijing launch theatre in China - Sep 18, 2008
- Pyramid Saimira launches audio of two films - Oct 07, 2009
- 'Kahaani' to be remade in Tamil, Telugu - May 16, 2012
- Now SMS in local language with IMImobile's app - Sep 05, 2011
- Watch Indian movies, TV shows in N America through internet - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: bengali, chennai, company executive, compliment, content provider, different languages, eco system, exhibition business, gujarati, high technology, international ltd, launch, managing director, marathi, production business, production methodology, pyramid saimira, regional languages, single day, tv content