Pyramid Saimira still in India’s costliest filmAugust 15th, 2008 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 15 (IANS) The Pyramid Saimira Group has refuted reports that it is backing out of actor-director Kamal Haasan’s multi-lingual film “Marmayogi”, which at a budget of Rs.1.25 billion is the costliest Indian film to date. There were media reports that Kamal Haasan had moved out of the agreement with Pyramid Saimira and had collaborated with Soundarya Rajnikant, daughter of Tamil superstar Rajnikant.
“It is not true. A lot of pre-production work has already gone into the making of ‘Marmayogi’. The film is set to be launched in September. After that we have a non-stop shooting schedule,” said H.S. Srinivasan, director of production at Pyramid Saimira Group.
Srinivasan said they are currently scouting locations to shoot the film.
The film is based on Marie Corelli’s 1886 novel “Vendetta: The Story of One Forgotten”.
“A.R. Rehman has already started work on the music. It will be the first time that Rahman will be working in a Kamal Haasan film and Hema Malini has been selected to play an important role in the film. The rest of the star cast has to be finalised.”
Srinivasan said Kamal Haasan would himself select the artistes.
“We hope the selection of heroines, other artistes and technicians would be completed before the end of the month. We would be certainly having a grand launch of the film in September. Though we haven’t yet selected the venue of the launch, it may well be Mumbai considering that the film will be made in various languages including Hindi,” said Srinivasan.
- 'Marmayogi' will be made by me and Pyramid Saimira: Kamal Haasan - Aug 20, 2008
- Pyramid Saimira slaps lawsuit on Kamal Haasan - Sep 09, 2009
- Pyramid Saimira slaps lawsuit on Kamal Haasan (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Sep 09, 2009
- Kamal Haasan's 'Unnai Pol Oruvan' drenched in troubles - Sep 15, 2009
- Kamal Haasan infuriated with Pyramid Saimira - Sep 10, 2009
- Pyramid Saimira didn't have money to complete 'Marmayogi': Kamal Haasan - Sep 10, 2009
- Kamal Haasan's 'Marmayogi' shelved - Nov 12, 2008
- Shruti Haasan Poised For Another Comeback - Aug 16, 2010
- Kerala To Honor Kamal Hasan - Aug 07, 2010
- Kabilan And Ramya Enter Wedlock - Sep 07, 2010
- Tamil film industry demands 60 percent slash in star fees - Nov 22, 2008
- Post divorce, Sonia happy to be back on big screen (Tamil Movie Snippets) - Nov 30, 2011
- Aishwarya starrer 'Endhiran' gearing for monsoon release - Feb 19, 2010
- Manmadhan Ambu team becomes globetrotters - Sep 15, 2010
- Exclusive: Story behind the creation of 'Aayirathil Oruvan' sets - Feb 17, 2010
Tags: budget, director kamal, hema malini, India, indian film, kamal haasan, languages, launch, marie corelli, music, novel, pyramid saimira, rehman, rs 1, s srinivasan, scouting locations, superstar, vendetta, venue