Puri Jagannadh’s ‘Devudu Chesina Manushulu’ disappoints (Telugu Movie Review)August 17th, 2012 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “Devudu Chesina Manushulu”; Cast: Ravi Teja, Ileana D’Cruz, Prakash Raj, Brahmanandam, Kovai Sarala and Ali; Producer: B.S.V.N. Prasad; Scriptwriter-Director: Puri Jagannadh; Composer: Raghu Kunche; Camera: Shyam K. Naidu; Rating: *1/2
When a director like Puri Jagannadh is associated with a film, one expects full-on entertainer. But his “Devudu Chesina Manushulu”, starring Ravi Teja, turns out to be a disappointment.
Jagannadh, known for making commercial entertainers like “Badri”, “Idiot”, “Itlu Shravani Subramanyam”, “Pokiri” and “Deshamuduru”, has never failed as a dialogue writer, even though his scripts are flawed. But in “Devudu Chesina Manushulu”, he has failed both as writer and director.
The film starts off in Vaikunta Loka where Goddess Lakshmi asks Lord Vishnu to tell her a story. He begins to narrate the tale of two orphans - Ravi Teja and Ileana, who are born in different countries, but are destined to fall in love.
Not only the script is weak, the whole narration is dull and boring. It looks like the director was in a hurry to complete the film, which also disappoints in the technical department.
Ravi Teja tries to add some energy to his badly written role and succeeds to some extent. His dance movements, dialogues and action are funny and comical. Ileana has shed a lot of weight, but looks odd in her new hairstyle.
Prakash Raj plays a different character, while Brahmanandam, Ali and Kovai Sarala have managed to tickle the audience’s funny bone with their comic timing.
Shyam K. Naidu is a good cinematographer, but somehow he has failed to meet the expectations.
Raghu Kunche has composed some fine tunes.
Watch “Devudu Chesina Manushulu” if you do not have any alternative.
- Ileana turns taxi driver in new film (With Image) - Jun 30, 2012
- Ravi Teja's 'Veera' a let down (Telugu Movie Review) - May 22, 2011
- 'Daruvu' ordinary fare, rides on Ravi Teja's shoulders (Telugu Movie Review) - May 27, 2012
- 'KSD Appalraju' not Varma's best work (Telugu Movie Review) - Feb 20, 2011
- 'Daggaraga Dooranga' - just ordinary (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 28, 2011
- Ravi Teja's 'Nippu' a letdown (Telugu Movie Review) - Feb 19, 2012
- 'Bumper Offer' to hit screen by Dasara - Sep 11, 2009
- It's Allu Arjun all the way in 'Julayi' (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 12, 2012
- 'Aha Naa Pellanta' good timepass movie (Telugu Movie Review) - Mar 06, 2011
- 'Nuvva Nena' entertaining comic fare; Enjoy!(Telugu Movie Review) - Mar 18, 2012
- Ram Gopal Varma's 'Dongala Mata' below average fare (Telugu Film Review, Rating: *) - Mar 20, 2011
- 'Siruthai Puli' - Puri's overdramatised action masala (Tamil Movie Review) - Sep 08, 2012
- Puri's 'Nenu Naa Raakshasi' fails to live up to fans' expections (Telugu Movie Review) - May 01, 2011
- 'Businessman' a must watch for punchy dialogues, Mahesh's superb acting (Telugu Movie Review) - Jan 15, 2012
- Allari Naresh in 'Aha Naa Pellanta' - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: brahmanandam, comic timing, dance movements, deshamuduru, dialogue writer, dialogues, funny bone, goddess lakshmi, kovai sarala, loka, lord vishnu, naidu, narration, new hairstyle, pokiri, prakash raj, prasad, puri, ravi teja, scriptwriter