Pune’s Girl Shital Mahajan will jump in Wing-suit (birdman-suit)in Spain on 19th Sept for the national recordSeptember 18th, 2010 - 6:00 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 18, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): After 2 years of maternity break shital is planning to do the wing-suit (birdman-suit) jump, this kind of wing suit (birdman-suit) jump had not been tired by any woman from India. So it will be a new national record for Shital and for India too.
The speed of a normal free fall jump goes up to 120 mph (193 kph) but after wearing the wing –suit the speed of freefall reduced to 50 to 60 mph (81 to 97 kph) and the person can fly horizontally through the clouds at 70 to 90 mph (113 to 145 kph). This suit nearly triples the time of flying in the air before opening the parachute. So this suit gives kind of feeling of flying like a bird in free sky.
First this shital will jump from an aircraft at 1300ft with this wing suit and she will fly like a bird with the wings till 4000ft. then she will open the parachute and will do the normal landing. It is a most adventurous feat in which she will exactly fly like a bird, with the wing-suit (birdman-suit).
Shital Mahajan’s first parachute jumped without any training over Geographical North pole in minus 37degree Celsius from 2400 feet on 18th April 2004. After that, her first Accelerated Free Fall Parachute jump over White Continent of Antarctica on 16th December 2006 from 11600ft in minus 38 degree Celsius. Nobody in world did such big adventure on White Continent of Antarctica individually.
In 2008 she married in hot air balloon at 700ft, on 19th April, with Mr. Vaibhav Rane. It was a first Indian wedding which was arranged in hot air balloon at 700 ft height.
Since times immemorial, to fly like a free bird in the sky has been a man’s dream. Over the generations her husband made efforts to be in the free sky. He got very close to it when he started flying aircrafts. But probably this did not give him the feel that he was wanting. He wanted what we call today “Body flight”. He then took the most daring step ever, to jump out of an aircraft while it still was flying perfectly!!! Parachuting in today’s world is the most advanced and improved version of mans ultimate desire of flight.
Dream of flying is as old as humanity. Throughout time, several pioneers have tried to make the dream of flight a reality. Many brave men built their own wings from canvas, wood, metal, bamboo, or even feathers in their pursuit to fly. Those men were called the birdmen.
For any Parachutist to be able to carry out a wing-suit (birdman-suit) Jump not only requires extremely high level of professionalism and determination but most importantly the “WILL” to undertake and accept such an extreme challenge.
There are very few women in our country who venture into adventure and Shital hope this feat of her will give a perceptible uplift to the world’s perception of the Indian women. Wing suit jump is really very tough and needs total concentration. It does not supply to poorly planned wing suit jumping, low morale, and improper equipment.
Shital is planning to do this wing suit jump with Mr. Jari kuosma who is a founder and owner of BIRDMAN Inc., world’s first company to produce wing suits for skydivers and inventor of the First Flight Course and a BIRDMAN Instructor Course, methods to teach skydivers how to fly safely with wing suit.
She is planning to jump on Sunday 19th September 2010, at Indian local time 4 PM. So for this adventurous feat; she will be online from Spain. On her Gmail address firstname.lastname@example.org so you can add her on this email address and see live telecast of this feat.
– Sampurn Wire
- Pune woman sets record by 'flying like a bird' over Spain (With Images) - Sep 20, 2010
- Russian wing-suit jumper sets new world record - Jun 06, 2012
- Skydiver Felix Baumgartner will attempt to break the sound barrier - Feb 06, 2012
- IAF's women skydivers jump to fame - Oct 08, 2011
- Daring 41 female skydivers set new women's free-fly world record - Nov 29, 2010
- IAF daredevil sets record in Everest lap - Oct 29, 2009
- Army officer completes first 'lethal' BASE jump in India (Lead) - Oct 29, 2010
- Italian Skydiver Roberta Mancino Jumps Into The Glamor World - Nov 10, 2010
- Army officer becomes first Indian to BASE jump - Oct 29, 2010
- Four selected for Tenzing Norgay Award - Aug 12, 2011
- Ultimate parachute jump: Diver to break sound barrier - Feb 05, 2012
- Austrian skydiver plans to break sound barrier in free fall (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Seven-year-old twins from Jammu co-pilot IAF microlite - Mar 13, 2011
- IAF hero in death-defying act in Everest lap - Sep 23, 2009
- Skydivers make 'Largest Wingsuit Formation Dive' in US - Jan 23, 2010
Tags: accelerated free fall, body flight, continent of antarctica, degree celsius, free bird, free fall jump, free sky, freefall, ft height, generations, geographical north pole, hot air balloon, indian wedding, kph, maternity, parachute jump, pune, september 18, vaibhav, wing suit