Puneet Nanda of Satya Paul inspired by tarot cardsSeptember 21st, 2010 - 10:55 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 21, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): The fashion prediction of Satya Paul at the Lakmé Fashion Week Winter/Fashion this year was a huge success and had a title “The Bridal Tarot Line”. As one can understand, the tarot concept and the bridal apparel have been grouped together.
This was an extension of the famous Art of Tarot collection and this collection can never be missed by trousseau enthusiasts and shoppers. The well-known symbols of tarot were the actual inspiration behind the evolution of this collection that was created by none other than Mr. Puneet Nanda. The tarot symbols like Empress, Wands, Lovers and Chariots were utilized as inspirations for these designs. He also at the same time presented dazzling saris and several ready-to-wear apparel for the bride to be. Naturally, his collection was a hit among the people who had gathered there.
Several fascinating apparels were on display and were available in a plethora of traditional colors like the royal blue, emerald, fuchsia and the bright red. One could also choose from unconventional yet fantastic colors like the gold and the tan. There were many kinds of fantastic fabrics available here that ranged from soft satin, georgette, and silk knit along with saris, kurtas, dresses, tunics and lehengas.
The delightful and beautiful saris were definitely the cynosure of the show and were available in a variety of colors as well as sequins. One could also lay their hands upon creations like the brown goddess “V” shaped dress that featured lattice work back. The ties up dhoti pants were also really awesome and reflected a sort of urban-desi-sense.
– Sampurn Wire
- Satya Paul designer gives audience bow a miss - Nov 19, 2010
- Shruti Haasan walks LFW runway in tarot card inspired sari - Sep 20, 2010
- Raakesh Agarvwal sparkles at Pune Fashion Week - Nov 18, 2010
- Hema Malini performs as Radha for Neeta Lulla at LFW - Aug 08, 2012
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- Dries Van Noten at Paris Fashion Week - Sep 30, 2010
- A cultural potpourri at Pakistan's Bridal Week (Curtain Raiser) - Dec 17, 2011
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Kangana Models For J. J. Valaya - Jul 24, 2010
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Tarun Tahiliani to design for Upasna-Ram Charan wedding (With Image) - Jun 12, 2012
- Satya Paul apparels wow Malaysians - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: apparels, bridal apparel, chariots, cynosure, dhoti pants, famous art, fashion week, fuchsia, inspirations, lattice work, nanda, satin georgette, satya paul, sequins, soft satin, tarot cards, tarot line, tarot symbols, traditional colors, winter fashion