Publicising relationship unnecessary: PaltrowNovember 19th, 2010 - 3:04 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 19 (IANS) Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow admits she tries to keep her relationship with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin away from the public eye because she feels it is unnecessary to publicise something as personal as a relationship.
“When I see high-profile relationships now, I think, ‘Oh my God’, even though I’m technically in one. But we sort of don’t do anything public, we try to keep it as behind the scenes as possible. Because it just generates more interest. It just undermines the quality of your life,” Paltrow has been quoted as saying by contactmusic.com.
“It’s just unnecessary to be a public couple, and to have your couple-dom, or whatever, be its own entity. It doesn’t make sense to have that in the public world,” she added.
The couple - who have children Apple, 5, and Moses, 4, together - are said to travel to their holiday home in the Hamptons resort area of New York once a year to keep their marriage strong.
“Spending a month there every summer really keeps their marriage going. It’s their haven away from the things that get between them - their hectic work schedules and their different sets of friends,” said an insider.
- Paltrow slams celebrity couples who flaunt relationship in the spotlight - Nov 17, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow admits marriage is hard - Jan 20, 2011
- Life with Pitt, Affleck was strange: Paltrow - Dec 24, 2010
- When Paltrow bumped into Gervais, Hudson - Sep 04, 2012
- Chris Martin says that being married to Gwyneth Paltrow is like winning the lottery - Oct 17, 2011
- Chris is in love only with wife - Oct 16, 2011
- Paltrow's married life not so perfect - Jul 06, 2011
- I'm obsessed with Gwyneth: Rihanna - Apr 11, 2012
- Paltrow thinks her marriage irritates people - Apr 12, 2010
- It's hard being with someone for long: Paltrow - Aug 05, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow often cries working away from children - Apr 28, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow wants another baby - Apr 13, 2010
- Paltrow's make-up woes - Nov 05, 2011
- Martin kisses wife Paltrow mid-gig - Jul 05, 2012
- Paltrow's family learns French for fun - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: actress gwyneth paltrow, apple, coldplay, coldplay frontman chris martin, frontman, god, gwyneth paltrow, hectic work schedules, holiday home, hollywood, hollywood actress, insider, london, marriage, moses, public eye, relationship, relationships