Prodigy Expresses Their Fascination Towards BollywoodJanuary 15th, 2011 - 8:03 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
International music makers Prodigy are, currently, on Indian shores enjoying their maiden experience and trip to India. And they are already swooning under the funky sounds of Bollywood i.e. the Indian film industry.
They are not much acquainted with the kind of work that Bollywood churns out but they have heard of the legendary singer Asha Bhonsle. They are especially upbeat about the retro music of Bollywood and have professed their curiosity at the sounds that come out from the Mumbai tinsel town.
Composer Liam Howlett says that he is, indeed, fascinated by Bollywood. Though he hasn’t heard much of B-town songs except for some 70s records and a track by Asha Bhonsle, he is excited by the music that is made in this corner of the world.
Howlett also cites that when they tour Europe or Japan, they are aware of the culture and what to expect there. But this trip to India is truly an eye-opener in the sense that there is too much to explore and a lot unseen and unheard.
Prodigy group is in India for the Eristoff Invasion Festival and they would be churning out songs right from their first album to ‘Invaders Must Die’. The set list would replicate their 2 decade long career.
Speaking of Bollywood, they were also on the wish list of the Bollywood mega star Shahrukh Khan who wanted to rope them in for his film Ra.One. They have already performed at Bangalore and are slated to perform in Delhi.
- Asha Bhosle unveils album, celebrates 77th birthday in Mumbai - Sep 08, 2010
- India tour will be special: David Guetta - Jan 28, 2012
- The Prodigy’s "Smack My Bitch Up" Voted The Most Controversial Song Of All Times - Nov 26, 2010
- 3 Idiots Bags All Top Honors At Global Indian Music Awards - Nov 12, 2010
- (SATURDAY) 'Heroine' soundtrack spreads Bollywood flavour (IANS Music Review) - Aug 31, 2012
- American pop-sensation Akon in Bollywood's "Ra.One" - Feb 27, 2010
- Lata Mangeshkar remembers R.D. Burman - Jun 27, 2011
- 'Bbuddah...' song leaked online - Jun 11, 2011
- Bollywood's Obsession With Retro Beats In 2010 - Dec 23, 2010
- Friendly Exchanges Between Shah Rukh Khan And Akon - Dec 21, 2010
- SRK thanks Kareena for working hard, fast! (Movie Snippets) - Jun 20, 2011
- Raavan music launch eagerly awaited - Apr 22, 2010
- Edgy, quirky music in Anurag Kashyap's 'Shaitan' (IANS Music Review) - May 24, 2011
- Prodigy: The Most Influential Dance Group - Jul 19, 2010
- Now Honey Singh set to conquer Bollywood - May 08, 2012
Tags: bangalore, curiosity, eye opener, fascination, hasn, howlett, indian film industry, international music, invasion, legendary singer, mega star, music makers, prodigy, ra, retro music, rope, shahrukh khan, tinsel town, tour europe, wish list