Priyanka signs her first Yash Raj movieJune 16th, 2009 - 9:11 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, June 16 (IANS) Priyanka Chopra has signed her first Yash Raj film and says she was completely bowled over by the script of “Pyaar Impossible”, penned by Uday Chopra, who also plays male lead in the love story.
“It’s the only script I’ve liked in recent months. I can’t tell you much about the film’s plot. But when I heard the script, I jumped. I’ve been hearing a lot of scripts because I’ve really not been sure about what to do after Ashutosh Gowariker’s ‘What’s Your Raashee?’.
“When I heard the script for Uday’s film, I got so excited. It was….so beautiful! Any actress’ dream role. I reacted as a member of the audience,” Priyanka told IANS.
Uday was last seen in the 2006 movie “Dhoom 2″ and is now back in action with “Hook Ya Crook” and “Pyaar Impossible”.
Uday, who forayed into films with his 2000 home production “Mohabbatein”, worked on the script for nearly a year before asking pal Jugal Hansraj to direct it.
“Pyaar Impossible” apparently has a plotline echoing “Notting Hill” about the relationship that grows between a star, played by Julia Roberts, and her fan Hugh Grant.
Priyanka and Uday are not exactly friends.
“Uday and I have bumped into each other socially. I know him. But not well enough to call him a friend,” said Priyanka.
It’s rumoured that before “Pyaar Impossible” Priyanka was offered the chance to do a cameo in a song with Shah Rukh Khan in Yash Raj Films’ “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”. An offer she declined since she had to share the song with three other leading ladies.
“Not true,” corrected Priyanka. “I’ve done a song with Shah Rukh in ‘Billu Barber’. And there’re two other songs with other actresses (Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor). I was never offered ‘Rab Ne…’ So this film with Uday will be my first Yash Raj movie. So it’s special on many counts,” said the actress.
Most Yash Raj watchers also feel screenwriting is a giant step for Uday towards turning director. In David Dhawan’s “Hook Ya Crook”, Uday teams up with his “Dhoom” co-star John Abraham.
- Uday Chopra Turns Screenwriter For Pyar Impossible - Jun 14, 2009
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
- Priyanka heads for London to promote 'Barfi!' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2012
- 'Dhoom' great franchise to be part of, says 'villain' Aamir - Feb 03, 2011
- 'Pyaar Impossible' all about people's looks: Uday Chopra - Dec 28, 2009
- Aamir Khan opts for simple look in 'Dhoom 3' - Jul 11, 2012
- Pritish Nandy calls Emraan 'special actor' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- Priyanka happy for cousin's debut with Yash Raj Films - Feb 15, 2011
- 'Pyaar Impossible' not a classic like 'Mughal-e-Azam': Priyanka Chopra - Dec 20, 2009
- Working with new actors a learning experience: SRK - Aug 06, 2012
- John Abraham's 'friendly' gesture for Uday Chopra - Apr 27, 2009
- No delay in 'Dhoom: 3': YRF - Mar 27, 2012
- Parineeti in Priyanka's footsteps, only for 'Fashion' - May 19, 2012
- Not been approached for 'Dhoom 3': Priyanka - Feb 15, 2011
- Preity finds her junior version (Movie Snippets) - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: ashutosh gowariker, billu, david dhawan, deepika padukone, dhoom 2, dream role, giant step, hugh grant, jugal hansraj, julia roberts, kareena kapoor, love story, movie dhoom, plotline, priyanka chopra, shah rukh khan, subhash k jha, uday chopra, yash raj film, yash raj films