Priyanka in awe of Aradhana in ‘Teri Meri Kahaani’ (With Images)May 11th, 2012 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 11 (IANS) Actress Priyanka Chopra, who plays three different roles in “Teri Meri Kahaani”, is excited about her character Punjabi Aradhana and reveals that she has added a personal touch to the role.
“I wanted Aradhana to be very Punjabi-spoken, so I have used a very Punjabi accent, a few words in Punjabi where she speaks. I wanted her language to be influenced by Punjabi, so hopefully that’s come across,” said Priyanka in a statement.
Her character of Aradhana belongs to the year 1910 and the actress is in awe of the particular look in the film, which has been designed by Manish Malhotra.
“When we were doing the research for 1910, the most interesting thing was the look of 1910, specially around Lahore, the Punjab-Pakistan border. Over there the ladies would dress up with the dupattas on their heads, very delicate jewellery and a lot of phulkari, so Manish Malhotra made sure that the clothes were very authentic and colours were very Indian and very bright at the same time,” she added.
The film, directed by Kunal Kohli, also features Shahid Kapoor and is slated for a June 22 release.
- Priyanka urges people to watch cousin's 'Ishaqzaade' - Apr 08, 2012
- Shahid in love with his character Javed (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Doing 'shayari' made me nervous: Shahid Kapoor - Apr 06, 2012
- Priyanka hungry for more meaty roles - Apr 11, 2012
- Cinema needs to wean society from prejudices: Kunal Kohli - May 26, 2012
- 'Kaali' is the soul of 'Agneepath': Priyanka - Dec 28, 2011
- Great time for actresses in Indian cinema: Priyanka Chopra - Jun 09, 2012
- No time to enjoy the success, says busy Priyanka - Dec 26, 2011
- Neha Sharma is Shahid's love interest in 'Teri Meri Kahaani' - May 12, 2012
- Success more dangerous than failure: Shahid Kapoor (Interview) - May 20, 2012
- 'Teri Meri...' pays tribute to 1960s movie legends - May 29, 2012
- Watch love, crime sagas this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 19, 2012
- Priyanka plays happy actress in Kunal Kohli's film - Dec 31, 2011
- It's good to be bad, says Priyanka - Jan 17, 2012
- No time for boredom: Priyanka - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: accent, actress priyanka, aradhana, awe, clothes, few words, images, jewellery, kohli, malhotra, New Delhi, pakistan border, personal touch, phulkari, priyanka chopra, punjab pakistan, shahid kapoor