Priyanka gets into a swimsuit for ‘Dostana’July 24th, 2008 - 9:06 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, July 24 (IANS) Although Priyanka Chopra had decided not to do a lip lock or don a bikini on screen, she has agreed to get into a swimsuit for Karan Johar’s romantic comedy “Dostana”. “Karan Johar didn’t ask me to wear a bikini. But this is a beach movie. So it’s only natural that I get into beachwear. And I don’t mind at all. Because everyone else will be wearing even tinier clothes,” Priyanka told IANS.
The Bollywood beauty says she had a ball with co-stars Abhishek Bachchan and John Abraham.
“I’ve worked with Abhishek and John before. But never like this. Their bonding is infectious. ‘Dostana’ was one big party. It’s a beachside sporty film. And I’m very much a water babe.
“The director Tarun Mansukhani’s is new but his wit sparkles. He’s written a really urbane tongue-in-cheek comedy.”
Priyanka can’t stop raving about the new love in her life. “No, his name isn’t Harman Baweja. It’s someone called Boo, a pet robot teddy bear who accompanies me everywhere in ‘Love Story 2050′. He’s all pink and the cutest creature on earth. I want to take him home.”
She added: “I was aware of Boo from the time he was conceived. It was Harman’s sister Rowena who thought of Boo. I’ve watched Boo acquire a life right in front of me. So it’s quite an exciting process.”
So attached has Priyanka become to Boo that she wanted to carry him home after the shooting. And the Bawejas (Harry and Harman) who’ve watched Priyanka stand by their project from the time Kareena Kapoor opted out were only too happy to let her have Boo.
“This was one film that’s filled with gadgets and electronic toys. But Boo is special because he is mine.”
Talking about her stint with sci-fi films, she said: “‘Love Story 2050′ is my second hi-tech film after ‘Krrish’. And I’m doing one more, ‘Drona’. But ‘Love Story’ was special because I did my career’s first double role with two different looks for the two halves set in two different periods. Boo was part of my futuristic look.”
“When FX turned a corner with ‘Krrish’, I was part of it. Now when it somersaults with ‘Love Story 2050′ and ‘Drona’ I’m part of both. Am I proud to be in these projects, or not?”
- I am not part of 'Dostana 2': Priyanka Chopra - Apr 10, 2011
- 'Dostana 2' to finally roll - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Dostana 2' script locked, boys are back: Karan Johar - Dec 15, 2011
- Abhishek holds special screening of 'Bol Bachchan' - Jul 14, 2012
- I've worked very hard on my body: Priyanka Chopra (Interview) - Nov 07, 2008
- Don't regret anything: Harman Baweja - Jul 08, 2011
- Hrithik-Priyanka get passionate for 'Agneepath' - Jan 20, 2011
- No plans other than acting: Harman Baweja - Jun 05, 2010
- 'RA.One' third Indian film to cross Rs.100 crore mark - Oct 24, 2011
- Karan Johar propels newcomers into showbiz - Dec 29, 2011
- Harman's fitness mantra! (Film Snippets) - Jul 14, 2011
- Male pairs: Twist in the Bollywood tale - May 12, 2011
- Actors should be like supermarkets: Shahid Kapoor (Film Snippets) - Jan 14, 2010
- Dharma Productions Plans New Projects - Jun 03, 2010
- It's Hrithik, not Abhishek in 'Agneepath' remake - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: abhishek bachchan, beachwear, co stars, drona, electronic toys, fi films, harman, john abraham, karan johar, kareena kapoor, love story 2050, mansukhkrrish, pet robot, priyanka chopra, romantic comedy, rowena, sci fi, subhash k jha, tongue in cheek