Priyanka Chopra: The Queen Of RealtyJanuary 26th, 2011 - 9:15 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
There is a saying that if you do well for people, people will do well for you. Bollywood superstar Priyanka Chopra tried to take that too seriously, we recon. It was just few months back when she was seen appearing on a commercial issued in public interest that requested citizens of India to pay their taxes on time. Aamir Khan and Akshay Kumar were amongst the other actors who were featured in the twenty minute television commercial. Priyanka was the perfect ambassador for the Income Tax department of India but it seems that the tides have turned and now she is one of the top tax evasion suspects on their list.
It was just few days back, when Income Tax officers conducted a raid on the Dostana hottie’s house at the suburbs of Versova. Piggy Chops’ daddy dearest was not spared as well. Her parental house at the suburbs of Lokhandwala was also raided. It has been reported that the I.T officials suspect her for tax evasion. They were suspecting that she did not pay the taxes liable for assignments, appearances and endorsements. Officials are now looking into her income statement and trying to find if there is any glitch.
Chopra was considered one of the highest tax payers and biggest youth icons of Bollywood and that is why she was approached for the Television commercial, said a top level I.T officer. But he also mentioned that the department does not spare anyone on suspicion. It would conduct enquiries on anyone and everyone.
- IT Department Seizes Katrina’s Computer To Collect Data - Jan 28, 2011
- IT raids Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra - Jan 24, 2011
- IT raids Katrina, Priyanka; seals lockers (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Income Tax officials raid residences of Bollywood actresses Katrina and Priyanka - Jan 24, 2011
- Shahid, the only person Priyanka Chopra thought of during raid - Feb 01, 2011
- No unaccounted income declared, says Katrina's accountant - Jan 27, 2011
- Cash found less than Rs.50,000, says Priyanka Chopra's accountant - Jan 29, 2011
- Priyanka Chopra's Chartered Accountant Says IT Officials Found Only Rs.50, 000 - Jan 29, 2011
- Akshay, Aamir, And Priyanka In A Documentary On Income Tax - Jul 23, 2010
- Priyanka denies rumours of unaccounted assets - Jan 28, 2011
- Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Face I.T Wrath Early Morning Today - Jan 24, 2011
- Malayalam superstar Dileep attends tax department bash - Jul 25, 2011
- Now you can call an expert home for filing IT return - Jul 24, 2012
- Priyanka Chopra Organized A Lavish Birthday Party For Dad - Aug 26, 2010
- Priyanka Chopra Fails To Make A Mark On TV - Sep 20, 2010
Tags: aamir khan, actors, akshay kumar, ambassador, citizens, dostana, endorsements, few days, glitch, income statement, income tax department, income tax department of india, minute television, priyanka chopra, public interest, queen, suspicion, tax evasion, tax payers, tides