Priyanka Chopra scared of horses (Snippets)September 25th, 2008 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 25 (IANS) Priyanka Chopra is scared of horses but her determination to give her best enabled her to sail through a scene in “Drona” where she had to ride a horse with Abhishek Bachchan. Priyanka plays Abhishek’s bodyguard in “Drona” and tries to save him from evil in the film.
In one of the sequences, she had to ride a horse and no one on the sets knew that she has a phobia for horses. She got very nervous seeing the horse on the sets.
“Since the day we started the shooting of ‘Drona’, Priyanka was very confident about her action and fighting scenes. She was very confident until we started shooting for this scene where she was supposed to ride a horse. She suddenly got very edgy with the idea of riding a horse and that was when we realised that Priyanka was actually scared of horses,” said director Goldie Behl.
But Priyanka overcame her fear and gave the shot.
“The horse sequence was very prominent for the scene. After a creative discussion, she actually shot for the entire sequence. Once the camera rolled, no one could make out that she was scared and she shot like a pro,” said Behl.
Cross dressed boy fantasises about Bipasha in ‘Pankh’
Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu plays the alter ego of a cross dressed boy who fantasises about her in “Pankh”.
Bipasha will be seen as the alter ego of 20-year-old protagonist Jerry, played by debutant Maradona Rebello.
Explaining the complexity of the story, director Sudipto Chattopadhyay said: “Bipasha is Jerry’s fantasy and exists only in his mind. She is his alter ego and loves to provoke him at the drop of a hat.”
“Jerry’s character is very complex. The film shows him as a famous child artiste. He cross-dresses as a girl for his roles and is confused about his identity. There is also a song in the film where he fantasises about Bipasha seducing him, creating confusion in his mind about his real identity.
“He doesn’t know whether he is a man, woman or a eunuch. Bipasha is his only solace from the ugly reality of life,” added Chattopadhyay.
Sanjay Gupta is producing this film. It stars actors like Lilette Dubey and Mahesh Manjrekar.
Payal Rohatgi’s mother misses her on Daughter’s Day
Item girl Payal Rohatgi, who is currently participating in the second season of TV reality show “Bigg Boss”, is being missed by her mother on Daughter’s Day.
Payal will be unable to meet her mother on Daughter’s Day, which is on Sunday, as she is locked up in the “Bigg Boss” house on the outskirts of Mumbai.
“We miss her terribly and wish her well and want her to know how precious she is to us. A son is a son till he gets a wife, but a daughter is daughter for life,” Payal’s mother said.
Payal’s parents have always celebrated the day by making it special for her by showering her with gifts and pampering her.
- 'Pankh' of gender confusion and imaginary love (IANS Preview) - Mar 29, 2010
- Bipasha sports nine looks in 'Pankh' (With Images) - Mar 17, 2010
- Movie Review - Pankh (2010) - Apr 02, 2010
- Bipasha Basu dons sexy look for a song in Pankh - Dec 12, 2009
- Payal Rohatgi wants money before honey! - Apr 23, 2012
- Nicole Graham stands by horse Astro's side as the horse sank in the mud - Feb 29, 2012
- Now Payal Rohatgi is dating a wrestler - Jan 04, 2012
- Madhavan's kitty is full (Film Snippets) - May 30, 2009
- It's tough to strip before Lilette Dubey, says Maradona Rebello - Apr 02, 2010
- Rahul Threatened Suicide As Per Payal - Aug 02, 2010
- Jacqueline trains hard for 'Race 2' action scenes - May 05, 2012
- Bips steps into John's shoes - Aug 29, 2009
- I hate riding horses: Stewart - May 27, 2012
- Maradona Rebello in Anil Sharma's Dunno Y... Na jaane Kyun - Sep 08, 2009
- Woman, locked up by mother for 7 years, rescued - Jun 14, 2011