Priyanka Chopra honoured at the 12th Shanghai International Film Festival with ‘Jin Jue Award’June 23rd, 2009 - 12:41 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
This weekend, Priyanka Chopra was invited by the Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF) for their closing ceremony on June 21, 2009 where she was presented with the Festival’s top award – The Jin Jue Award. This award marks the tenth award for her in the past six months.
The festival’s highest honour and main prize is the “Jin Jue” award. It is a symbol of the traditional orient culture, is an ancient Chinese wine container which has a uniquely beautiful shape and a gracefully antique style. Priyanka Chopra was the first Indian actor to be presented with this honour on an international platform for her contribution to cinema.
Says Priyanka Chopra, “I feel very privileged to receive this honor from the Shanghai International Film Festival. As an actor, it is very encouraging to be recognized for your work. For me, an award such as this on such a big international platform gives me an opportunity to present India and our cinema to the world.”
Priyanka was very excited about receiving the award which is the highest honor of the SIFF and was equally excited about her visit to China. She is however hugely disappointed that she was not be able to be there due to a very sudden relapse of a serious stomach infection and was advised by doctors against travelling.
The SIFF is held each year for last 10 years and attracts every year a range of well known international actors and actresses and is the Asian Film Industries mega event of the year. Some of the renowned celebrities who were also present at this year’s ceremony were Isabelle Hupert, Quincy Jones. Ewan Mc Gregor, Michael Rosenberg (Director the Reader), Stephen Daldry, Karen Mok, Lucelia Santos amongst others.
Listed below is the list of awards that Priyanka has received in 2009:
1. Star Screen Awards (Best Actress, Fashion)
2. Lions Club Gold Awards (Best Actress, Fashion)
3. Stardust Awards (Best Actress, Fashion)
4. 10th FICCI Frames 2009 (Contribution to Entertainment)
5. Filmfare Awards (Best Actress, Fashion)
6. Cineblitz Award (Best Actress, Fashion)
7. IIFA Award (Best Actress, fashion)
8. NDTV Profit Car & Bike Awards (Brand Ambassador of the Year)
9. Nielson Box Office Award (Outstanding Contribution to Asian Cinema) presented during the 3rd Annual Asian Film Awards Film Awards held in Hong Kong
10. Shanghai International Film Festival, Jin Jue Award (Outstanding Contribution to Cinema)
- Zindagi Na, Rockstar dominate IIFA awards - Jun 10, 2012
- Priyanka pays tribute to Rekha at IIFA - Jun 10, 2012
- Zohra Segal, Ramesh Sippy to get lifetime honours - May 29, 2012
- Priyanka to pay tribute to Asha Bhosle at IIFA - Jun 24, 2011
- INDIA'S TOP FEMALE FILM STAR, PRIYANKA CHOPRA - Mar 18, 2009
- 'Dabangg' wins five at IIFA; Sonakshi, Ranvir win debut awards (Second Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- Priyanka's tributes to Rekha, Shahid's to southern songs - Jun 01, 2012
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Great time for actresses in Indian cinema: Priyanka Chopra - Jun 09, 2012
- Priyanka Chopra to be honoured at the Asian Film Awards - Mar 17, 2009
- Foreign exposure pushes independent films in India (Feature) - May 06, 2012
- 'Dabangg' bags seven IIFA awards (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2011
- 'Dabangg' bags six awards at IIFA (Third Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- Danny Boyle part of Shanghai film fest jury - May 26, 2009
- Indian, world cinema set new trends at Osian's film fest (Review) - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: actors and actresses, best actress, chinese wine, club gold, ewan mc gregor, gold awards, highest honour, indian actor, international actors, international film festival, international platform, isabelle hupert, karen mok, lions club, michael rosenberg, orient culture, renowned celebrities, screen awards, shanghai international film festival, stomach infection