Prithvi isn’t Indian version of ‘…Lord of Rings’February 4th, 2011 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 4 (IANS) Director Kireet Khurana, who made Ajay Devgn starrer 3-D animated film “Toonpur Ka Superhero”, has started working on a more ambitious project called “Prithvi”, which would be technically as advanced as Hollywood epic fantasy “The Lord of the Rings”. The director, however, clarifies the film is not an Indian version of the Hollywood blockbuster.
“First of all it’s not the Indian version of ‘The Lord of the Rings’. It’s of the similar epic fantasy genre as ‘The Lord of the Rings’ or ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’,” Kireet told IANS.
He said: “I have already started talking to technicians of ‘Lord of the Rings’. I can’t tell you much.”
“Prithvi” is a symbolic, allegorical story about a man’s journey to reclaim him, set in a surreal land.
The film would be a blend of live characters with computer generated environments. Some characters would be created in Photorealistic CG Imagery, a first of its kind for Indian cinema.
A famous saying of Gandhi inspired the story of the film.
“The story is more on Gandhiji’s saying - ‘It’s not the devils of the world, but the devil in one’s mind that needs to be fought’,” said Kireet, who is sure it would be an exponentially high budget film.
“It’s surely going to be a very high budget film, but can’t say how much exactly it would be. Working on many things right now,” Said Kireet.
Currently Kireet is in the process of discussions with various producers as the pre-production is already underway.
“The film will go on the floor by year end. We have practically started talking with many producers to produce the film,” he said.
–Indo-Asian News service
- It's 'Tees Maar Khan' vs 'Toonpur Ka Superhero' this Friday (IANS Preview) - Dec 20, 2010
- Ajay not worried about 'Toonpur Ka...' clash with 'Tees Maar...' - Dec 08, 2010
- Culturally Rich Toonpur! - Dec 02, 2010
- 'Toonpur Ka Superhero' director to join global animation group - Nov 20, 2010
- “The Hobbit”: The Most Expensive Film Till Date - Oct 12, 2010
- Preview Of Toonpur Ka Superhero: Tries To Keep Both Kids And Adults Happy - Dec 23, 2010
- Saif, Deepika to sizzle again in Adajania's next (Film snippets) - Dec 14, 2010
- Bappi angry over Gappi - Dec 20, 2010
- Ajay the most versatile actor: Kajol - Dec 08, 2010
- Toonpur Ka Superrhero Movie Review: An Unfunny Cartoon! - Dec 24, 2010
- Hindus express concern about "Ramayana-The Epic" film - Oct 16, 2010
- Hindus urge makers of Hollywood animation film on Mahabharata not to re-imagine the scripture - Aug 27, 2010
- Kamal Haasan to make Hollywood debut with Barrie Osborne - Jun 09, 2012
- 'Chronicles of Narnia 3 (3D)' lacks charm of part I (IANS Film Review, Rating **1/2) - Dec 04, 2010
- Indian market not ready for animation films: Filmmakers - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: allegorical story, ambitious project, animated film, asian news, budget film, cg imagery, epic fantasy, fantasy genre, gandhi, gandhiji, hollywood blockbuster, indian cinema, indo, khurana, lord of rings, lord of the rings, prithvi, service dj, superhero, year end