Pritam packs in lot of punch in ‘Golmaal Returns’ (IANS Music Review)October 20th, 2008 - 9:47 am ICT by IANS
Film: “Golmaal Returns”; Music Director: Pritam Chakraborty; Singers: Neeraj Sridhar, Anushka Manchanda, Benny Dayal, Indie, Monali, Suzanne D’Mello aka Suzie Q, Suhail Kaull, Akruti Kakkar, Anvesha Dutta, Earl; Rating: ***After hits like “Race”, “Kismat Konnection” and “Singh is Kinng”, Pritam Chakraborty offers yet another hit album with “Golmaal Returns”. It has nine tracks including five remixes and most of them are pretty catchy.
“Tha kar ke”, which has been making news for its extravagant cost, is basically a promotional number. Singer Neeraj Sridhar is joined by Akriti, Anvesha, Indie and Earl and they add in a lot of punch to their singing. Sameer’s lyrics are okay.
Suzie Q, who sang “Jee karda” in “Singh is Kinng”, is back in “Meow” along with Monali. As far as composition goes, the track isn’t very impressive. The lyrics are good, but the repeated use of the word ‘Meow’ irritates. This Hinglish track is basically an attempt at being a little naughty and successfully does so.
“Vacancy” is much better than the previous track. It can be called the title track because of the repeated use of the word ‘Golmaal’. Like the title track of the original “Golmaal”, this one too has got the same base. Rendered by Benny, Neeraj Sridhar, Suhail and Suzie Q, the number is a racy one. It is sure to be hummed by many, just like the original “Golmaal” was.
Anushka Manchanda tracks always manage to woo listeners and “Tu saala” is no exception. A solo rendition, Anushka adds a certain zing to the tune.
All in all, “Golmaal Returns” is not really an out-and-out chartbuster, but it is an enjoyable album and “Vacancy” can be flaunted as the star attraction.
- Pritam packs in retro feel in 'Golmaal 3' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Oct 14, 2010
- 'Dum Maaro Dum' music offers variety (IANS Music Review) - Mar 21, 2011
- 'Dulha Mil Gaya' music typical, lacks freshness (IANS Music Review) - Dec 24, 2009
- Lack of freshness in 'Always Kabhi Kabhi' album (IANS Music Review) - May 22, 2011
- 'Cocktail' soundtrack youthful, delectable mix of sounds (IANS music review) - Jun 20, 2012
- Pritam packs entertaining songs in 'Ready' album (IANS Music Review) - Apr 30, 2011
- 'Singh Is Kinng' an explosive, entertaining album(Music Review) - Jul 19, 2008
- Pritam delivers dry and unimpressive music in 'Thank You' (IANS Music Review) - Mar 09, 2011
- 'Do Knot Disturb' - not an impressive comeback for Nadeem-Shravan (IANS Music Review) - Sep 01, 2009
- Bollywood swayed to retro beats this year (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 19, 2010
- 'From Sydney with Love' - a treat for music lovers (IANS music review) - Jul 11, 2012
- Pritam scores yet again with 'Crook' music (IANS Music Review) - Sep 12, 2010
- 'Billu Barber' album is boring (IANS Music Review) - Jan 17, 2009
- 'Naina lagey' stands out in 'Soundtrack' music (IANS Music Review) - Aug 29, 2011
- Pritam fails to enchant with 'Hello Darling' music (IANS Music Review) - Aug 03, 2010