Prince sells $2,100 purple iPodsApril 15th, 2009 - 4:23 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Apr 15 (ANI): The word ‘recession’ surely has no place in Prince’s dictionary, for the musician has just released a 2,100-dollar iPod Touch.
“The Limited Edition Prince Opus iPod” has got a lovely purple hue, comes pre-loaded with a 40-minute concert video and 15 songs, and is sold along with a Prince photo book, Wired.com reports.
Prince is only releasing 950 of them, reports The New York Daily News.
The artist is also releasing the “Prince Opus Number One” billed on PrinceOpus.com as “the greatest artwork of the 21st century.”
The one-off book will feature a cover with 21 D-color diamonds and five purple diamonds totaling 7.7 carats encased with platinum in the shape of Prince’s logo; alligator binding and a purple silk lining.
Prince will auction this piece off later this year, Luxist.com reports. (ANI)
- SRK's opus likely to be out next year - Dec 11, 2011
- Mariah Carey spending $1.3m on luxury nursery for unborn twins - Feb 24, 2011
- Here are the 10 most expensive and desirable celeb homes up for sale - Sep 13, 2010
- British kids carry modern gadgets to school - Sep 01, 2011
- Nicolas Cage's Vegas home for sale again - Jan 13, 2011
- 22-carat diamond ring with 'world's best couple' title up for grabs - Oct 05, 2010
- Crystal Harris shows off Hugh Hefner's $90K ring - Jan 02, 2011
- Mexican distiller unveils 'world's costliest' tequila bottle worth $3.5m - Nov 26, 2010
- Mom challenges family to unplug for 6 months - Jan 21, 2011
- Botswana world's top diamond producer in 2010 - Aug 04, 2011
- Details of Reese Witherspoon's 4-carat engagement ring - Dec 30, 2010
- Man arrested for robbing tourists - May 08, 2012
- Mariah Carey making a giant luxury nursery - Feb 24, 2011
- Ferrari unveils diamond-encrusted biography, costliest ever - Dec 01, 2011
- Carey, Cannon preparing huge, expensive nursery for twins - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: 21st century, alligator, artwork, carats, color diamonds, dictionary, ipods, limited edition, musician, new york daily news, opus number one, photo book, platinum, prince, purple hue, purple silk, recession, shape, york daily news