Prince Royce All Set To Touch The SkyNovember 12th, 2010 - 7:54 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar,
Nov 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Prince Royce seems to be going great. Although his debut album was released, he seems to be getting a lot of media glare and success in a very short time. His latest achievement was his performance in front of the whopping audience at the Latin Grammy Awards, which is expected to enhance his name and fame many folds more. He also scored a #1 Billboard Tropical album and thus received a Latin Grammy nomination. In less than an year, he is all set to launch his first international tour.
Prince Royce was not alone during his performance at the Latin Grammy Awards. He was accompanied by none other than Ben E. King, while he performed “Stand By Me” in the award ceremony. The song was originally sung by Ben E. King himself, to create a rave among the music lovers back in the 1960s. Prince Royce feels that it was a great day as the two sang the cult song together. To him, Ben E. King’s support provided him with a lot of inspiration and boosted his morale. Two weeks ago, the duo reported recorded the cover version of Prince Royce’s second album, in New York for Top Stop Music. The track in available for purchase on iTunes. His footage in the award ceremony is expected to increase the popularity of the singer and his next album. This label launched by producer Sergio George.
Prince Royce, 21, who is actually a Bachata singer, said that it was great to introduce this genre to the Americans, most of whom do not understand Spanish, but love them, after he sang the Bachata version of “Stand By Me”. Ben E. King lent his full support and said that he can do it faster to groove the audiences a bit more.
- Prince Royce making first disc in English - Jul 13, 2011
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012
- Romeo Santos' `You' tops Billboard Latin charts - May 20, 2011
- Juan Luis Guerra brings Caribbean rhythms to Chile - Oct 09, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias the big winner at Latin music awards - Apr 30, 2011
- Camila Bags Three Awards At The Latin Grammys 2010 - Nov 12, 2010
- Prince Royce says he's not letting fame go to his head - Feb 27, 2012
- Glen Campbell gives a great performance at the Grammys - Feb 14, 2012
- Composer of hits for Daddy Yankee releases single - Jun 01, 2011
- Wisin, Yandel vault to No. 1 on Billboard Latin Songs - Sep 30, 2011
- Adele wins top honours at Grammy - Feb 13, 2012
- Foo Fighters win five Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Usher announces his London show - May 23, 2012
- Bon Jovi's Performance Subdued By Rihanna In Madrid - Nov 08, 2010
- Gerardo Ortiz tops Billboard Latin Albums chart - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: 1960s, audiences, award ceremony, billboard, cult, debut album, fame, glare, grammy awards, grammy nomination, groove, inspiration, kar, latin grammy awards, meena, music lovers, prince, short time, stand by me, stop music