Prince Jackson Reportedly Has Vitiligo Like His Late FatherJuly 2nd, 2010 - 7:47 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
July 2, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Michael Jackson the late pop legend who passed away last year had claimed that he suffered from a skin condition named Vitiligo which was responsible for changing skin color. The family has not said anything on the issue. However, Prince Michael may have the condition as a photo of him has been found in the web which shows a part of his skin has a pale hue. The doctors say that Vitiligo is genetic and can be passed from one generation to another. Prince Michael is now 13 years old. The instances of getting afflicted with the disorder spontaneously are rare, the medical community says.
Prince Michael was spending vacation with his siblings in Hawaii and the picture was taken in a swimming pool. The skin under his right arm has a patch of white. Vitiligo is described as an autoimmune condition where the melanocytes are attacked which are responsible for giving the skin its color. The skin in the affected area of the body loses the color and pigment. It can happen to someone before he crosses 20. The conditions affects body parts like the mouth, genitals and eyes etc.
Speculations still remain whether even Michael Jackson had vitiligo or he had opted for cosmetic surgery to change skin tone. However, a topical treatment is available using which a person afflicted with the condition can make his entire skin white. Some people think that the late king of pop did that. It can be treated if the condition is detected early but after it spreads over 50 % in one’s body there is no going back.
- Kenyan man gets 'second life' after Delhi treatment - Jul 19, 2012
- Michael Jackson's son - Prince Michael I might have vitiligo - Jul 02, 2010
- Michael Jackson's Son Rumored To Have Vitiligo, His Dad's Skin Condition - Jul 02, 2010
- Does MJ's son - Prince Jackson I suffer from vitiligo? - Jul 02, 2010
- Eye colour linked to severity of skin conditions - May 07, 2012
- MJ's eldest son inherits father's rare skin condition - Nov 18, 2009
- Numerous skin whitening cream tubes found at Michael Jackson's house - Mar 29, 2010
- Causes of mysterious skin disease - Jun 07, 2010
- Vitiligo sufferers 'may have natural skin cancer protection' - Apr 22, 2010
- Michael Jackson's Autopsy Reports Reveal New Facts About Him - Feb 10, 2010
- Skin whitening cream found in Jackson's home - Mar 29, 2010
- MJ 'feared he had heart disease, cancer and brain tumour' - Aug 22, 2010
- Jackson's Doctor Claim: He Was Hiding Skin Whitening Cream Meds - Mar 30, 2010
- Chickpeas can cure skin disease: BHU scientists - Jan 27, 2009
- MJ was very thin, had vitiligo, puncture marks on his face, report reveals - Feb 10, 2010
Tags: autoimmune condition, body parts, changing skin, cosmetic surgery, genitals, hue, king of pop, medical community, melanocytes, pigment, pop legend, prince michael, ranjan, right arm, skin color, skin condition, skin tone, speculations, swimming pool, topical treatment