Prince Harry qualifies as attack chopper pilotFebruary 9th, 2012 - 3:07 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 9 (IANS) British royal Prince Harry is set to return to war-torn Afghanistan after qualifying as a frontline Apache attack helicopter pilot.
According to contactmusic.com, the 27-year-old completed an 18-month training programme to qualify and now he will return to Afghanistan, where he spent 10 weeks serving as a forward air controller between 2007 and 2008.
Prince Harry, also known as Captain Wales in his professional military capacity, was also handed an award at a special dinner after he was judged the best co-pilot gunner Wednesday.
“The award handed to Captain Wales consists of a polished 30mm round from an Apache cannon mounted on a stand,” a defence ministry statement said.
- Prince Harry qualifies as Apache pilot, can return to Afghanistan frontline - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harry qualifies as an elite Apache helicopter pilot - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harry to train in US as chopper pilot - Aug 30, 2011
- Harry gets trained for hostage situation - Jan 31, 2012
- Prince Harry to earn danger money in Afghanistan - Sep 10, 2012
- Prince Harry chooses to fly Apache attack helicopters - May 07, 2010
- Prince Harry to return to Afghan combat duty - Jun 16, 2011
- Taliban promise to capture, kill Prince Harry - Feb 11, 2012
- Prince Harry promoted to captain - Apr 17, 2011
- Harry to visit China to improve tense relations - Sep 10, 2012
- Prince Harry Successfully Passes Helicopter Pilot Course - May 02, 2010
- Naked Prince Harry plays strip billiards - Aug 22, 2012
- Prince Harry splits from girlfriend - Aug 16, 2011
- Prince Harry Earns Wings! Chosen To Fly Apache Attack Helicopters - May 07, 2010
- Prince Harry becomes eligible to fly choppers in frontline areas - Apr 30, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,