Pricy affair of PadminiJune 10th, 2009 - 1:45 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
The wedding season is on and definitely on small screen also. Recently Rani Padmini (Tejaswani) got married to Raja Ratan Singh (Rohit Bakshi) in the show. It was said to be one of the costliest wedding on Indian television with lots of money spend on the clothes and jewellers of the actors.
The royal wedding, a real grand affair was shot over 5 days at ND Studios, where the sets of the show have been erected. The bride (Rani Padmini) and the groom (Rana Ratan Singh) are dressed in Neeta Lulla’s creations; the jewellery worn by Tejaswini is created by Nitin Desai along with PN Jewelers in real gold, embellished with kundan and worth close to Rs. 2 crore nearly.
Debutante Tejaswini completely looks the part of a young princess in the gold outfit and wearing five gold kadas (bangles) weighing close to 180 grams and three neckpieces weighing more than 400 gms.
When asked the Producer Nitin Chandrakant Desai on the big wedding sequence, he said “Indian history is gorgeous architecturally, we studied the culture and researched on the subject and wanted to maintain the scale and richness of a real Royal wedding.”
“The wedding costume is around 12 to 13 lakhs. My dear friend Neeta has helped me a lot in this and I am grateful to her for the same. These jewelleries are specially made in one of the shop in Pune,” he concludes.
This is what we call a paisa pheko tamasha dekho
-Rachana Trivedi /Sampurn Media
- Men too want diamond-studded rings - Nov 09, 2010
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot - Jun 29, 2012
- Zeenat outshines Mahima at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Neeta Lulla to present 'Radha' at LFW - Jul 17, 2012
- IIJW's opening show blends glamour with cause - Jul 31, 2011
- Prachi shines at Neeta Lulla's show - Aug 20, 2011
- Esha's sangeet a private affair: Hema Malini - Jun 25, 2012
- "I Have Failed To Socialize Post Rani Padmini'- Tejaswini Lonari - Jun 12, 2010
- Now buy region-specific jewellery for your wedding (With Images) - Apr 07, 2010
- Maharaja Ratan Singh is petrified - Jun 04, 2009
- Overwhelming to win award for Marathi film: Neeta Lulla - Mar 07, 2012
- "I want to look like Aishwarya on my wedding day" - Rakhi - Jul 08, 2009
- Diamond sales pick up in Ahmedabad - Dec 06, 2010
- Bollywood girls dazzle in gold at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
Tags: chandrakant, crore, debutante, gold outfit, grand affair, indian history, indian television, jewelleries, lots of money, neeta lulla, nitin desai, rachana, ratan singh, rohit bakshi, royal wedding, rs 2, tejaswini, wedding costume, wedding season, wedding sequence