Preview Of Guzaarish: A Depiction Of Human SufferingsNovember 18th, 2010 - 8:57 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Direction: Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Cast: Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Aditya Roy Kapoor, Monikangana Dutta, Suhel Seth, Shernaz Patel and others.
The film which is based on mercy killing or euthanasia, has a very basic emotion filled right into its basic storyline- that of unconditional love.
This very feeling of true love is perhaps what keeps the world moving. Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali has tackled the issue in a very sensitive way thereby, making it a very theme based movie with a very modern touch, not to forget the blanket of love which will make it commercially viable as well.
Hrithik Roshan plays the protagonist Ethan Mascarenhas, who is a very talented young magician, full of life and energy, until one day he falls prey to his own tricks when one of his trick goes wrong thereby making him paralyzed and helpless.
The man then takes up a job in a popular radio station as a radio jockey. He gains instant popularity due to his very positive attitude and a great sense of humor. His rapport with the listeners is something which touches the heart and soul of all. All this continues for at least a decade when he suddenly decides to quit life totally. He goes to his neurologist DR. Nayak played by Suhel Seth, and requests him to allow him for a medically infused death to put an end to his pathetic existence.
The doctor is quite shocked and tries to talk Ethan out of this very cruel act that he wants himself to be subjected to. However Ethan is helped to fight the case by his close friend and lawyer Devyani Dutta played by Shernaz Patel. Ethan’s mom Mrs. Isabel Mascarenhas also gives in to her son’s wishes with a broken heart.
The pathos is evident and there is a ray of hope as Ethan’s nurse Sofia played by Aishwarya. The film has a lot of tearful human emotions.
- Will Aishwarya, Hrithik be third time lucky with 'Guzaarish'? (IANS Preview) - Nov 15, 2010
- Review Of Guzaarish: Undeniable Wonder By Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Nov 19, 2010
- Review 2 : Guzaarish (2010) - Nov 20, 2010
- Review 4: Guzaarish (2010) - Nov 22, 2010
- 'Guzaarish' - big, beautiful, dazzling (IANS Movie Review - Rating: *****) - Nov 18, 2010
- Monikangana Dutta On Why She Said Yes To Guzaarish - Nov 08, 2010
- Guzaarish: Extra-Sensitive Roles Of Aishwarya-Hrithik! - Nov 20, 2010
- 'Audiences will find new Aishwariya in Guzarish' - Nov 14, 2010
- Aishwarya Or Monikangana: Who Will Make A Better Pair With Hrithik In Guzaarish - Nov 02, 2010
- I signed 'Guzaarish' for Bhansali: Monikangana Dutta - Nov 06, 2010
- On-screen chemistry with Hrithik due to scripts: Ash - Nov 14, 2010
- Review 3: Guzaarish (2010) - Nov 20, 2010
- Bhansali's new discovery throws tantrums! - Apr 26, 2010
- Balanced emotion would have made 'Guzaarish' work: Hrithik - Jan 17, 2012
- Shabana 'fida' on Hrithik's performance in 'Guzaarish' - Nov 20, 2010
Tags: aditya roy kapoor, aishwarya rai, aishwarya rai bachchan, basic emotion, broken heart, cruel act, heart and soul, hrithik roshan, human emotions, human sufferings, mascarenhas, mercy killing, nayak, pathetic existence, positive attitude, ray of hope, sanjay leela bhansali, sense of humor, shernaz patel, suhel seth