President, PM greet countrymen on “Janmashtami”August 24th, 2008 - 10:58 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 24 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today greeted the countrymen on the auspicious occasion of Janmashtami.
President Patil in her massage said, “On the auspicious occasion of Janmashtami, I extend my greetings and best wishes to everyone.”
“The life and teachings of Lord Krishna have a universal message, as they signify the triumph of virtue over vice and righteousness over evil and constitute a rejection of intolerance and narrow mindedness,” Patil added.
In his separate message, Prime Minister said that the teachings of Lord Krishna are of immense significance in modern times and serve to guide us in the performance of our duties.
“The festival inspires us towards right conduct and to overcome all obstacles towards achievement of our goals,” he added.
According to Hindu mythology, Krishna is the eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu, the preserver of the universe and one of the trinity of Gods, the other two being Lord Brahma, the Creator and Lord Shiva, the Destroyer.
Lord Vishnu is said to have taken birth as a human being to destroy the evil King Kansa who ruled over 5000 years ago.
Janmashtami is celebrated on two consecutive days, the day when Krishna was born, and the day when his father Vasudeva brought him to Gokul. (ANI)
- President, PM greet nation ahead of Janmashtami - Sep 01, 2010
- President, Prime Minister greet nation on "Janmashtami" - Aug 13, 2009
- President, PM greet nation on Janmashtami - Aug 09, 2012
- Vice President greets people on Janmashtami - Aug 22, 2008
- PM greets nation on Janmashtami - Sep 01, 2010
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 12, 2011
- President Patil greets people on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, PM greet the nation on Buddha Purnima - May 05, 2012
- President, vice president greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, vice president, PM greet nation on Janmashtami - Aug 23, 2008
- Sending Janmashtami greetings, Zed appeals Hindus worldwide for "selfless service" - Aug 12, 2010
- Hamid Ansari greets people on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, vice president greet nation on Milad-Un-Nabi - Feb 15, 2011
- President, Vice President greet people on 'Ram Navami' - Apr 02, 2009
- Dwarkadheesh Temple decks up to celebrate Janamashtami - Aug 12, 2009