Preity Zinta to don sporty look for small screen debutJanuary 27th, 2011 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 27 (IANS) The dimple-cheeked actress Preity Zinta, who is making her television debut with “Guinness World Records-Ab India Todega”, will be seen in a sporty avatar in the show which is set to go on air later this year on Colors.The 35-year-old is being styled by fashion designer Surily Goel and her promo look is complete with a waistcoat over a casual shirt teamed with boots and gloves.
The dimpled actress, who will be hosting this Indian version of “Guinness World record” that has enthralled the audience across 90 countries, is happy to be part of the show.
“I was sure that whenever I do make a move to the small screen, it would be something I believe in. ‘Guinness World records - Ab India Todega’ is the perfect platform for my television debut. The show reflects my ideology to push oneself and compete with the best.
“There is also a feeling of pride in hosting a show that will put India on the international pedestal and will bring fame for Indians. I am sure viewers will have a good time watching the show,” she said in a statement.
According to media reports, the actress is getting Rs.35 lakh per episode, but the channel refused to comment.
After giving hits like “Soldier”, “Kal Ho Naa Ho”, “Dil Chahta Hai”, “Koi… Mil Gaya”, Preity demonstrated business acumen by bagging of the franchise of the Mohali team in cricket’s Indian Premier League.
She also went to the prestigious Harvard University in the US for a brief management course.
Her last big screen outing was a cameo in 2009 movie “Main Aurr Mrs Khanna”. And after two years, she is facing camera again for the television show.
- Some TV contestants were really cheeky: Preity Zinta (Interview) - Mar 10, 2011
- Old remains gold: Dharmendra leads TRP race - Aug 04, 2011
- Preity Zinta Gets A Sporty Costume For a Sporting Show - Jan 28, 2011
- Amitabh not attending World Cup final (Movie Snippets) - Mar 23, 2011
- Terence Lewis creates Guinness World Record (With Images) - Mar 21, 2011
- I've always been a spontaneous person: Preity Zinta (Film Snippets) - Apr 05, 2011
- Preity's chat show - 'Up Close & Personal with PZ!' - Aug 10, 2011
- Colors to bring 'Guinness World Records' to India - Dec 24, 2010
- Gear up for reality, Bollywood overdose on small screen - Jan 01, 2011
- Preity is open to experimentation: Designer - Sep 26, 2011
- Preity feels thinnest, loses 10 kg in two years - Sep 01, 2012
- Colors, MTV India launched in Singapore - Feb 01, 2011
- Delnaaz Paul wants to do innovative work - Aug 18, 2012
- Piggy Chops is excited, but scared! (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Richa Chaddha to shoot for 'Ram Leela'? (Movie Snippets) - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: actress, business acumen, cameo, dil chahta, dimple, fashion designer, goel, guinness world record, guinness world records, harvard university, lakh, management course, pedestal, preity zinta, premier league, screen debut, screen outing, television debut, television show, waistcoat