Preity Zinta argues with airport officialApril 15th, 2011 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 14 (IANS) Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, co-owner of the Kings XI Punjab IPL team, was engaged in a tiff with Chandigarh airport officials Thursday when she was stopped for a security check, an official said.
Zinta, who had to board a Delhi flight, was stopped by an official of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), who asked her to show her identity proof. Zinta declined, leading to a heated argument between the actor and the security officials deployed there.
H.S. Toor, airport director, said: “There is nothing wrong in it and the CISF official was only doing his duty. But Zinta was adamant and she wanted to proceed without showing any identity proof.”
“However, things were sorted out soon. Later Zinta showed her identity proof and she was allowed to proceed,” he added.
However, officials of KXIP denied any such incident.
KXIP had beaten Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League match at Punjab Cricket Association Stadium in Mohali Wednesday.
- Preity's performance woes - Apr 05, 2012
- On World Cup day, Chandigarh airport tackles record 98 flights - Mar 30, 2011
- Kings XI Punjab looking to increase fan base - Apr 10, 2011
- Chandigarh airport handled record 130 flights for semifinal - Mar 31, 2011
- Preity Zinta 'avoids' court summons - Mar 24, 2010
- Jhappis, prasad, slaps for Kings XI Punjab (Letter from Mohali) - Apr 01, 2010
- Fans garner signatures in support of Kings XI Punjab - Oct 20, 2010
- Preity denies any arrest warrant against her by court - Jul 24, 2010
- We don't need icons, we are equals; Gilchrist - Apr 09, 2011
- 'Surprised, saddened' Kings XI seeks legal options on IPL ouster - Oct 11, 2010
- Tax notice to KXIP - Apr 19, 2011
- Chennai Super Kings arrive in Chandigarh to take on Kings XI Punjab - Apr 12, 2011
- NGO moves human rights commission against Preity Zinta - Mar 25, 2010
- Bips asks fans for new DVD title (Movie Snippets) - May 14, 2012
- Case against Preity Zinta, other Kings XI owners stayed - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: actress, airport director, airport officials, april 14, central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, co owner, match, mohali, preity zinta, premier league, proof, punjab cricket association, security force, security officials, tiff, toor