Preity helped Isha Koppikar find soulmateOctober 10th, 2008 - 9:23 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 10 (IANS) Isha Koppikar has finally found her soulmate in Timmy Narang, a restaurateur, and thanks her friend Preity Zinta for helping her find him.”I have found my love in Timmy. I’m in a serious relationship with him. I’m happy to have a person like Timmy in my life and it is all because of one of our common friends Lina Mogre and Preity Zinta,” Isha told IANS.
“It all started a year ago when I met Timmy through one of our common friends. We have common interests and share similar ideas and were communicating for a long time through SMSes,” added the actress who hit the jackpot with the song “Khallas” in “Company”.
Asked how Preity came into the picture, Isha said: “Preity and I became very close during the shooting of ‘Har Pal’ and she promised me that she will find a suitable guy for me.
“After a year, Preity introduced me to Timmy, but we already knew each - however, we were not sure about relationship. We took the decision when Preity intervened and made things easier for us.”
Isha says marriage is not round the corner, but she is seriously thinking about it.
“May be within a year or two, we will get married,” she said.
“I am seriously thinking of marriage as I don’t want to remain like this for my whole life. I want to have babies and a family. After a certain time family becomes a priority in life as we have seen how the life of many actresses who do not have a family becomes. I don’t want to be like them.”
About her past relationship with Inder Kumar, Isha said: “I had a relationship of 10 years with Inder and wanted to marry him, but it did not happen. Now, I want to move on and forget the past.”
Isha describes this as the best period of her life. “I am having the best days of my life - right movies, good work and my love.”
Isha is looking forward to six films which include “Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi”, “Hello”, “Har Pal”, “Shabri”, “Hello Darling” and “Right Yaa Wrong”.
“Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi” is Isha’s first film as a solo heroine. “It is the best film I have done till date.”
She says Sooraj Barjatya’s film has been a turning point in her career.
“Sooraj ji believed in me and went against the norm of the industry to give me the role. I had a glamorous image and he broke the type casting and went ahead to offer it. From now onwards whatever I do in my career, I will attribute it to him.”
“And to some extent, I would also say that Lalit Marathe’s trust in me also mattered a lot,” she added.
Marathe is the director of “Shabri”, produced by Ram Gopal Varma, where Isha plays the central character of a slum girl who later turns into a gangster.
In “Right Yaa Wrong” she plays an interior designer and the character has grey shades. The film is a suspense thriller, which also stars Sunny Deol, Irrfan Khan and a host of other actors.
In “Har Pal” she plays an air hostess, who is a close friend of Preity. The film is based on Preity’s character. Directed by Jahnu Baruah, the film also stars Shiney Ahuja.
About “Hello Darling”, Isha said: “It is a comedy in which also I’m playing an important role that you have to watch out for.”
The film produced by Mukta Arts also stars Salman Khan, Celina Jaitley, Gul Panag, Javed Jaffrey and Rajpal Yadav.
- 'Shabri' director pens novel on its journey to release - Aug 30, 2011
- I want to evolve as an actor: Isha Koppikar - Aug 17, 2010
- My manager misled me about signing films: Eesha Koppikhar - Nov 17, 2008
- Eesha Koppikhar learns taekwondo, keen on action films - Oct 30, 2008
- Hospitality business kept Eesha away from Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- 'Har Pal' set for summer release, Preity ready to promote it - Jan 16, 2012
- RGV's 'Shabri' to release after five years on Aug 26 - Jul 28, 2011
- Isha Koppikar doesn't regret not being a part of 'Don 2' - Aug 04, 2011
- Man asks thieves to return 93-year-old tortoise - May 12, 2012
- 'Dabangg' is turning point in my career: Sonu Sood - Oct 05, 2010
- Nargis upset with queries on Ness Wadia - Jun 06, 2012
- Isha's wedding lineup - Nov 18, 2009
- Eesha Koppikhar to shoot item number before wedding - Nov 03, 2009
- "Today, I am answerable to my in-laws" - Eesha - Aug 28, 2010
- Small six to keep box office busy till Eid - Aug 23, 2011