Preacher Blessitt’s ‘World’s Longest Walk’ with cross turned into filmApril 9th, 2009 - 3:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 9 (ANI): The life of American preacher Arthur Blessitt, who has spent the last 40 years walking across 315 countries carrying a cross, has been turned into a documentary.
The 68-year-old marked his place in Guinness World Records for the World’s Longest Walk by treading 38,102 miles with the 12ft-high, 45lb wooden symbol crossing every ocean and covering all seven continents.
And now his epic adventure, which also landed him face to face with death during his visit to 52 war zones, forms the base of ‘The Cross: The Arthur Blessitt Story’.
“I have carried the cross around the world and lifted it up in nation after nation. Now I’m to walk down the red carpet and into the heart of Hollywood and lift the cross up there,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
Blessitt used to run a church-cum-coffee shop next to a topless club in Los Angeles before he ‘heard the call of Jesus’.
Consequently, he began his travel in England in August 1971 and has met many high-profilers including Pope John Paul II, Yasser Arafat and George W Bush on his way.
Blessitt, internationally known as the “Pilgrim with the Cross” for carrying the symbol through every nation of the world, completed his walk in June last year.
And now he hopes that the Matthew Crouch directed documentary will bring more followers to God.
He said: “My prayer is that every person who sees the movie will fall at the foot of the cross and become a true follower of Jesus or pick up their cross and step into their own destiny in the power of Jesus.” (ANI)
- Swiss lab agrees to test Arafat's remains for polonium - Sep 04, 2012
- Yasser Afrafat's body to be exhumed - Jul 04, 2012
- Yasser Arafat was poisoned, says doctor - Jul 13, 2012
- 4-year-old preacher Kanon Tipton enthralls audiences - Aug 17, 2011
- Arafat's remains to be tested for Polonium poisoning - Aug 24, 2012
- Arab League to form panel to probe Arafat's death - Jul 18, 2012
- India rejoices in Christmas revelry with carols, feasts (Intro Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Jesus may have visited UK - Nov 26, 2009
- Santa in sand, courtesy Odisha artist (With Image) - Dec 25, 2011
- Doomsday? Prophesies wither away - May 21, 2011
- India celebrates X-mas with carols, joy, feasting (Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Vindu reveals family secrets, plans to make documentary on dad - Jul 17, 2012
- 'Machine Gun Preacher' - believable drama with a strong message (IANS Movie Review) - Dec 11, 2011
- Nobel Peace Prize - trivia and more - Oct 09, 2009
- IAF pilots training on VIP helicopters in Britain (With Images) - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: arthur blessitt, coffee shop, film london, follower of jesus, foot of the cross, george w bush, guinness world records, john paul ii, matthew crouch, own destiny, pope john paul, pope john paul ii, preacher, profilers, red carpet, seven continents, topless club, true follower, war zones, yasser arafat