Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar!June 13th, 2012 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 13 (IANS) In her small screen “biwi no.1″ avatar as Anandi, actress Pratyusha Banerjee is seen in traditional ghaghra-choli. But for dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5″, she will wear skimpy skirts and believes her slim frame won’t make her to look vulgar.
“I think all bahus (daughters-in-law) should turn glamorous somewhere down the line so that she can prove that she’s not only Biwi No.1, she can be the girl number one as well,” Pratyusha told IANS.
The 20-year-old stepped into the role of Anandi, an ideal bahu, two years back, and has been living the character day in and day out.
Will viewers accept her new look?
“I think our viewers will love it. If they love me as Anandi, they will love me as Pratyusha as well. Besides, I am not wearing anything loud that I’ll look vulgar. Thankfully, I’m too skinny to look vulgar in any kind of clothes. And I am sure people will take my look positively,” she said.
Pratyusha is among the 12 celebrity contestants of “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” this season. It is a new experience for her in terms of learning western dance forms, as well as an attempt to break out of Anandi’s mould.
“This is one step ahead towards emerging out of my image. People have told me I’m looking awesome in the promos. So I believe people enjoy looking at me in a different avatar. So if this clicks up, I am sure I will be able to come out of Anandi’s character.”
“Apart from that, I love dancing! I have learnt a bit of Kathak in the past. But I’m nil at what I’m going to do in ‘Jhalak…’. I am just being a good student and learning constantly through my rehearsals. Hip-hop, Salsa, Rumba, Samba and all these dance forms are new for me,” she added.
At such a young age, the Jamshedpur girl has dedicated all her time to Colors.
“The shooting schedules are difficult as my show ‘Balika Vadhu’ has taken a big turn. I don’t get holidays. I shoot half a day for ‘Jhalak…’ and half a day for ‘Balika Vadhu’. I feel like I am Colors’ baby. All I want in life is to be busy, and that I am, and I am totally enjoying it,” she said.
- Small screen's Anandi glams up for 'Jhalak…' (With Image) - May 23, 2012
- Indian TV projects unhappy lives: Karan Johar (Interview) - Jun 13, 2012
- Age no bar to Avika Gor for essaying new roles - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Shashank Vyas steps in as Jagiya on 'Balika Vadhu' - Aug 03, 2010
- Sonu follows Baba Ramdev's health tips (TV Snippets) - Jul 21, 2010
- Madhuri wants Gene Kelly's tap dancing shoes (Movie Snippets) - Jun 25, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates its 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- Star-studded 'Jhalak...' opener promises dance, drama galore - Jun 17, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' puts forth reality well: Farida Jalal - May 12, 2012
- Arjun Rampal to holiday in Bali (Movie Snippets) - Jun 18, 2012
- Balika Vadhu's Pratyusha Banerjee Could Have Been A Singer - Sep 24, 2010
- I always dreamt of doing Anandi's role: Pratyusha Banerjee (Interview) - Jul 23, 2010
- No ill feelings for Star Plus or '...Saathiya' team: Giaa Manek - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: actress pratyusha, avatar, celebrity contestants, clothes, dance forms, daughters in law, ghaghra choli, girl number, half a day, hip hop, kathak, new experience, promos, reality show, rehearsals, rumba, samba, skimpy skirts, slim frame, western dance