Pratyusha Banerjee steps in as Anandi on ‘Balika Vadhu’July 22nd, 2010 - 11:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 22 (IANS) Jamshedpur-based Pratyusha Banerjee has stepped into the shoes of child prodigy Avika Gor as Anandi on Colors’ popular TV soap “Balika Vadhu”, it was finally revealed in the episode aired Thursday.
There was a strong buzz last month itself that Pratyusha had been zeroed in for the role. However, the channel conducted a nationwide poll to let the viewers decide the perfect replacement for the role of Anandi, through SMS.
Pratyusha pipped Lucknow-based Nivedita Tiwari and Ketaki Chitale from Mumbai to play the character, now that the show is taking a five-year generation leap.
Even male child actor Avinash Mukherjee, who played Jagdish, is being replaced by an older actor. But no poll was conducted for the casting for his part.
According to a source, the actor who has bagged the chance to essay Jagdish in the show is also a fresh face.
“Balika Vadhu” became the most popular show as soon as it was launched on Colors in 2008. It started by depicting child bride Anandi, who is married off to an equally young boy Jagdish. It traced the journey of the girl, who fails to have a joyful childhood and gets bound by her in-laws’ strict customs.
The girl is sent to her parents’ house once she attains puberty, and the new story after the leap starts from there.
- Meet New Anandi In Tonight's Episode Of 'Balika Vadhu' - Jul 22, 2010
- Sonu follows Baba Ramdev's health tips (TV Snippets) - Jul 21, 2010
- Shashank Vyas steps in as Jagiya on 'Balika Vadhu' - Aug 03, 2010
- Ekta Kapoor to appear on Madhavan's game show? (TV Snippets) - Jul 09, 2010
- I always dreamt of doing Anandi's role: Pratyusha Banerjee (Interview) - Jul 23, 2010
- 'Balika Vadhu' to take five year leap - Jun 24, 2010
- Jamshedpur girl to replace Avika Gor in 'Balika Vadhu' - Jun 26, 2010
- Is Pratyusha The New Anandi? - Jul 05, 2010
- Young to old overnight - generational leaps back on TV - Jun 29, 2010
- 'Ballika Vadhu' To Grow Up: Avika Gor To Leave Popular Serial - Jun 26, 2010
- Age no bar to Avika Gor for essaying new roles - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- Anandi, Jagdish to grow up? - Apr 14, 2010
- Popular TV shows take generational leap, child actors to go - May 30, 2009
- Dadisa wants a new bride for Jagdish - May 15, 2010
Tags: anandi, buzz, child actor, child bride, child prodigy, chitale, colors, customs, gor, journey, joyful childhood, nationwide poll, nivedita, parents, popular tv, pratyusha, puberty, shoes, tv soap