Postman Pat to make his movie debutSeptember 17th, 2011 - 1:07 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Sept 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It has been thirty years since the British hit series Postman Pat started airing. The series is heading for the giant screens. The series started airing on BBC in 1981.
The series which was created by John Cunliffe centers around the character Pat who was fired by the British Royal Mail on suspicion that he worked for a Japanese mafia. After taking a break, the series took a break and returned in 1996.
When he returned on the screens in 1996, Pat had a wife and a son named Julian. The show’s cat Jess is also a star of the show. The show has won several accolades including a BAFTA Children’s Award for Best Pre-School Animated Series in 2006. The show however failed to pick the award which eventually went to the children’s show Pocoyo.
Bryan Daly wrote the original theme song for the show in 1981. The song was later released as a single and in July 1982, the song jumped to the 44th position on the UK charts.
The series has also been made into books with about 12 million copies sold as at 2009. The show is currently viewed in about 35 nations throughout the world.
- Anil Kapoor thrilled about BAFTA - Feb 08, 2012
- Miami Heat president Riley gets lifetime NBA coaching award - Jun 20, 2012
- Stay-at-home mothers find baby care exhausting - Sep 25, 2011
- EastEnders to show B&B fire - Sep 21, 2011
- 'Postman Pat' to be made into 3D movie - Oct 11, 2009
- Nick Berry is returning to EastEnders - Sep 12, 2011
- Rahman loses BAFTA - Feb 14, 2011
- Bryan Cranston Shines In "Saturday Night Live" - Oct 04, 2010
- Retrospective of modern pioneer K.K. Hebbar opens - Nov 22, 2011
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012
- Bryan Adams: All Set To Rock Hyderabad Next Year - Dec 11, 2010
- Waheeda Rahman gets Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2011
- CMT Awards Winners 2012 - Jun 07, 2012
- Vanessa Redgrave set to receive Bafta Fellowship - Feb 12, 2010
- Suniel Shetty Can’t Stop Praising Bryan Adams - Dec 16, 2010