Posters at New Jersey metro station for Tamil film ‘Ayyan’March 30th, 2009 - 2:30 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 30 (IANS) Tamil superstar Surya’s “Ayyan” is set for a world premiere Friday. The actor says it is the first Tamil movie whose posters are being displayed at a metro station in New Jersey.
“Usually the posters of the world’s top films are displayed at the metro station in New Jersey. This is for the first time that a Tamil film has achieved this honour. I’m excited about its release because I have once again tried to be different in ‘Ayyan’,” Surya told IANS.
Directed by K.V. Anandan, the movie has Thamanna in the female lead and is produced by AVM. It is releasing April 3 in India and abroad.
“Exotic locales never seen before on the Tamil screen have been canned in the movie. Working with Anand was a revelation - he used to have shots ready in a jiffy in difficult places where lighting and camera placements were difficult,” said Surya.
“My association with AVM has already been successful through an earlier release ‘Perazhagan’. This time, the audience will be pleasantly surprised as I play a simple but touching role of a young man,” the actor added.
Surya’s earlier release “Vaaranam Aayiram” was critically acclaimed and commercially successful.
- Vijay's 'Velayudham' to be launched in grandeur - May 19, 2010
- Shah Rukh Khan to inaugurate IFFI - Nov 17, 2011
- Cloud Nine Productions To Choose Between 'Rattha Charithram' And 'Va Quarter' - Oct 18, 2010
- 'Neethaane En Ponvasantham' trailer notches half million YouTube hits - Sep 04, 2012
- Sameera Reddy signs another Malayalam film - Jan 28, 2010
- Gowtham dedicates National award to his team - Mar 20, 2010
- Aadhavan audio launch on Independence Day - Jul 17, 2009
- Surya, Parvathi win 56th Filmfare awards - Aug 01, 2009
- Gowtham Menon's Nadunisi Naigal is ready - Sep 21, 2010
- Director Bala wins National Award - Jan 23, 2010
- '7am Arivu' spells magic at box office, Surya excited - Nov 08, 2011
- Amy Jackson To Work In Gowtham Menon’s Film - Oct 18, 2010
- Kollywood's 'Big Tickets' ready for the magic - Sep 11, 2009
- Kandahar Will Be Featuring Gautam Kurup - Jul 06, 2010
- Santhanoo's next 'Kanden' starts rolling - May 25, 2010