Post ‘Vicky Donor’, Ayushmann to focus more on moviesJune 24th, 2012 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 24 (IANS) Ayushmann Khurrana, who made it big in Bollywood with his debut film “Vicky Donor”, says he will now focus more on films rather than on TV shows.
” ‘Vicky Donor’ has been one of the biggest debuts in the last decade. For now, movies are on my agenda. I will be more selective about my TV projects,” said the 27-year-old who started his showbiz journey as one of the contestants on season two of “Roadies”.
Directed by Shoojit Sircar and produced by John Abraham, “Vicky Donor” was made on a Rs.5 crore budget and earned Rs.45 crore.
Ayushmann says he is enjoying the fame, but it has not got into his head.
“I am surely relishing the added fame and attention that I am getting now, but I know how to handle fame. It’s all in your head. If you start taking yourself too seriously, you will end up killing yourself,” he said.
Taking about his upcoming projects, he said: “I am doing ‘Hamara Bajaj’. It is being produced by John Abraham. I’m doing an untitled Rohan Sippy (director) movie and the sequel to ‘Tere Bin Laden’, which is still in talks.”
In the city as a show stopper for fashion designer Jaya Misra, the young actor loved the “laid back” attitude of Kolkata.
“I love the laid back attitude of the people here. They are so relaxed and cool I surely like the city.”
- Success lies in making the youth happy: John Abraham - Jul 27, 2012
- I wanted to prove myself as an actor: Ayushmann Khurrana - Apr 27, 2012
- Ayushmann won't assist Sircar in 'Jaffna' - Aug 19, 2012
- John my god-brother in Bollywood: Ayushmann Khurrana - Apr 17, 2012
- Unconventional films are a safe bet: VJ Ayushmann - Mar 14, 2012
- Direction my final destination: John Abraham - Apr 20, 2012
- Salim Khan likes 'Vicky Donor', gives his Filmfare trophy to Sircar - Apr 25, 2012
- Not thought about 'Vicky Donor' sequel: John - May 17, 2012
- 'Sperm donation common, people keep mum' - Mar 25, 2012
- I'm doing Telugu version of 'Vicky Donor': Madhura Sreedhar - Sep 13, 2012
- John Abraham believes in sperm donation - Mar 08, 2012
- Ayushmann in talks for 'Tere Bin Laden' sequel - May 29, 2012
- Kamlesh Gill thanks 'Vicky Donor' for making her famous - Apr 25, 2012
- 'Vicky Donor' will lend credibility to sperm donation: John - Mar 09, 2012
- Ayushmann wants to go with the audiences' choice - May 25, 2012
Tags: attitude, bajaj, bollywood, debut film, fame, fashion designer, films, john abraham, journey, june 24, laid back, last decade, misra, roadies, sequel, show stopper, showbiz, tv projects, vicky, young actor