Posh and Gwen’s kids’ names are blasts from the Victorian pastJune 9th, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 9 (ANI): Victoria Beckham and Gwyneth Paltrow may have been less original than usually thought while naming their kids Brooklyn and Apple, for the unusual monikers have been around since the Victorian times, it has emerged.
Family and social history website Ancestry.co.uk holds information on choices made by parents in England and Wales since civil registration in 1837.
And the “name searchable” indexes reveal the uncommon names used by some celebrities have been making their rounds since the 19th century.
The name of Beckhams’ eldest son Brooklyn apparently first came in use in 1870 for a baby called Brooklyn Revell Moorey, while the names of their other kids Romeo and Cruz announced themselves over 100 years ago.
Similarly, the name of Paltrow’s five-year-old daughter Apple can be traced back to another Apple Jordan, born in 1853.
“This is a real breakthrough for anyone researching ancestors born in England and Wales after 1837,” the Daily Express quoted managing director Olivier Van Calster as saying. (ANI)
- Beyonce feels blessed with Gwyneth's support - Nov 14, 2011
- Harry amongst most popular names in UK, courtesy royal birth - Feb 17, 2010
- Paltrow puts off theatre ambitions for kids - May 10, 2011
- Becks celebrates son's b'day at laser shooting gallery - Sep 03, 2010
- Karl Marx died poor; Darwin, Dickens richer - Aug 12, 2010
- Longoria plans baby shower for Victoria Beckham - Jan 21, 2011
- Beckham's kids love tipsy mom - Apr 14, 2012
- 'Suri Cruise best dressed celebrity child' - Jan 18, 2012
- Fifth child on Beckhams' mind - Sep 21, 2011
- Becks' son wants to name his sister after Justin Bieber - Apr 02, 2011
- Coleen Rooney gets son Kai's name tattooed on her wrist - Aug 05, 2010
- Victoria Beckham's obsessive exercise regime - Mar 25, 2012
- Beckham losing British accent - Mar 14, 2012
- Chris is in love only with wife - Oct 16, 2011
- Bieber is great with kids: David Beckham - Nov 18, 2011
Tags: 100 years, ancestors, ancestry, apple jordan, blasts, civil registration, daily express, eldest son, gwen, gwyneth paltrow, history website, managing director, monikers, moorey, revell, social history, son brooklyn, uncommon names, victoria beckham, victorian times