Portman to campaign for ObamaAugust 26th, 2012 - 2:27 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 26 (IANS) Actress Natalie Portman will campaign for US President Barack Obama during a rally in Las Vegas.
The Oscar winner will join political heavyweights like Valerie Jarrett and Cecilia Munoz at the America-Nevada Women Vote 2012 Summit, reports contactmusic.com.
“President Obama fights for women every day, and I am proud to stand with him on behalf of women and girls across the country,” said Portman.
“The president has proven that he is a strong advocate for women and a defender of the issues that are important to women and their families, from affordable health care to fair pay and quality public education,” she added.
- Portman gives birth to baby boy - Jun 15, 2011
- Obama launches plan to help families facing foreclosure - Oct 26, 2011
- US President Barack Obama previews the State of the Union address - Jan 24, 2012
- Charlize Theron to be honoured - Mar 31, 2012
- Politician criticised Portman over pregnancy - Mar 05, 2011
- Emma might star in 'Pride And Prejudice and Zombies' - Jun 24, 2011
- Portman named Free The Children ambassador - Apr 05, 2012
- Portman supports gay marriage - Jun 08, 2011
- Obama's plan to help 3.5 mn homeowners (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Natalie Portman wins best actress (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Valerie Jarrett Speaks On Security Breach And More - Dec 04, 2009
- Natalie Portman breaks silence on 'Black Swan' dance double row - Apr 11, 2011
- I should have checked into rehab: Portman - Mar 20, 2011
- Pitbull to be honoured in Las Vegas - Feb 01, 2012
- Las Vegas City Council in USA opened with Hindu mantras - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: actress natalie portman, advocate, affordable health care, barack obama, cecilia munoz, girls, las vegas, natalie portman, nevada women, oscar winner, political heavyweights, quality public education, rally, summit, valerie, women vote