Porki runs for 100 daysMay 8th, 2010 - 4:50 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
May 8, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): The Darshan starrer flick, Porki, completed a hundred day run yesterday. After Puneeth Rajkumar’s December release Raam ran successfully for hundred days in many centres, it is now Porki’s turn to make its mark.
Raam and Porki’s successes served as a lease of life to the suffering Kannada film industry. Dr. Vishnuvardhan’s Aaptha Rakshaka is also doing well. Even though Premism isn’t running as well as these movies, it has been considered a hit, considering the ratio between its production costs and its income at the box office.
Produced by Datta, Porki is directed by Sridhar. Newcomer Praneetha played the female lead in the movie and the remaining cast included Shobharaj, Avinash, Ashish Vidyarthi, Sadhu Kokila, Sharan and some others. The music has been scored by Hari Krishna and K. Krishna Kumar is the cameraman. Porki ran continuously for one hundred days in Moti theatre in Davanagere and in other centres like Mysore.
Even though the film didn’t get publicized properly, Porki opened brilliantly. Perhaps, if the film had more publicity, it would have done better. The producers have now sold the film to a respectable distributor, Radhakrishna. Even though producers haven’t shown any interest in making a promo for the 100th day run, Radhakrishna is working on it.
- Sampurn Wire
- Vasu remaking Kannada hit 'Aaptha Rakshaka' in Telugu - Apr 11, 2010
- P Vasu's 'Aaptha Rakshaka' tops the box-office charts - Mar 02, 2010
- Vishnuvardhan fans force postponement of his 200th film - Feb 11, 2010
- 'Rambo', a complete entertainer (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 09, 2012
- '90' a good experiment (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 04, 2011
- Puneet starrer 'Raam' money's worth (Kannada Film Review) - Dec 27, 2009
- 'Aarakshaka' boasts of out of the box story, watch it! (Kannada Movie Review) - Jan 29, 2012
- Avoid 'Aaptha', a half-baked, boring movie (Kannada Movie Review) - Feb 27, 2011
- Vishnuvardhan's 200th film set to release Feb 12 - Feb 09, 2010
- Karnataka CM wants to watch Aptha Rakshaka - Apr 23, 2010
- Debutant Deepak Aras' 'Manasology' disappoints (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 25, 2011
- P. Vasu kick-starts Telugu 'Chandramukhi' - Apr 29, 2010
- Karnataka film chamber to ensure success of Vishnuvardhan films - Jan 14, 2010
- Premism passed with 'U' certificate - Mar 27, 2010
- 'Janoo' - weak, but worth one time watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 02, 2012
Tags: 100th day, ashish vidyarthi, box office, darshan, film didn, film industry, flick, hari krishna, krishna kumar, mysore, newcomer, one hundred days, porki, producers, publicity, raam, rajkumar, sharan, successes, vishnuvardhan