Popularity not important for GervaisJune 25th, 2012 - 5:49 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 25 (IANS) Comedian Ricky Gervais says he does not fret over losing his popularity.
Gervais says he would like to work on original subjects, taboo subjects and misunderstood subjects, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“There’s only so many nods and winks you can do to reassure people. I can’t go round doing anodyne comedy and trying to become a national treasure. Nothing bores me more,” the 50-year-old said to Live magazine.
“I don’t lose sleep over being popular. I lose sleep over knowing I did something wrong. And I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong. I like dealing with original subjects, taboo subjects, misunderstood subjects. I like to take the audience to places it hasn’t been before,” he added.
- Stewart nervous about Toronto red carpet - Sep 05, 2012
- Gervais doesn't believe in marriage - Nov 09, 2011
- Gervais Ellen defends his Golden Globe jokes - Jan 12, 2012
- Brand glad to do community service - Aug 01, 2012
- Sheryl Crow diagnosed with brain tumour - Jun 06, 2012
- Paltrow's beauty secret? Sleep - Oct 22, 2011
- I was not popular with guys: Mila Kunis - Jul 19, 2012
- Kidman, boring company! - Jan 17, 2012
- Brand doing well after split - Apr 01, 2012
- My fashion isn't art for me: Tom Ford - May 11, 2012
- Jessie J's organised life - Oct 16, 2011
- Kristen Dunst's French love - Aug 29, 2012
- I'm a firm believer in marriage: Clooney's girlfriend - Jun 09, 2011
- Zac Efron not bothered by gay rumours - Sep 11, 2012
- Lopez doesn't prefer facial treatments - May 02, 2011