Pop singer Eddie Fisher dies at age 82September 24th, 2010 - 10:14 pm ICT by BNO News
LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) — Singer Eddie Fisher on Wednesday died at age 82 after having complications with a recent hip surgery, the singer’s family members said Thursday.
Fisher, born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1928, was a successful pop singer during the 1950’s with hit singles like “Thinking of You,” “Walking Behind You,” and “Oh! My Papa,” which made the billboard charts. Selling millions of records internationally, he also hosted popular TV shows “Coke Time with Eddie Fisher” and “The Eddie Fisher Show,” appearing in several others.
Fisher, who also served in Korea for the U.S. Army, was also known for his high-profile marriages, which constantly linked him to media headlines and public spoltlight. Married in five occasions, with his first wife, actress-singer Debbie Reynolds, they gave birth to Carrie Fisher, popularly known for portraying Princess Leia in the original Star Wars saga.
However, a criticized divorce with Reynolds led to his 5-year marriage with Elizabeth Taylor, before a later divorce, which would devestate Fisher. He married another three times, including a two-year marriage with actress Connie Stevens.
The rising sound and popularity of the rock ‘n’ roll hit Fisher’s career as he saw a decline in his popularity, but he remained active in the music business until 1984.
- Eddie Fisher Bids Adieu To The World At 82 - Sep 24, 2010
- Eddie Fisher Bids The World Goodbye - Sep 26, 2010
- Eddie Fisher's Death Shocks Ex-Wife Connie Stevens - Sep 25, 2010
- Fisher did the first 'Brangelina' by dumping Reynolds for Taylor - Sep 27, 2010
- Debbie Reynolds says she forgave Liz Taylor for stealing hubby years ago - Mar 27, 2011
- Eddie Cibrian And LeAnn Rimes Announce Engagement Through Billboard - Dec 28, 2010
- Carrie Fisher snorted cocaine on 'Star Wars' set - Oct 12, 2010
- Ewan McGregor still in love with Princess Leia from Star Wars - May 22, 2010
- Moss, Armisen finalise their divorce - May 20, 2011
- Sinead O'Connor calls off divorce - Jan 05, 2012
- Downey Jr. to be father again - Sep 01, 2011
- Russell Brand dating again - Jan 27, 2012
- Reynolds, Theron split - Aug 07, 2011
- LeAnn Rimes is now officially divorced from Dean Sheremet - Jun 21, 2010
- Aniston, Jolie could be pals one day, says Debbie Reynolds - Mar 07, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,