Poonam Pandey wishes Husain had painted her (Movie Snippets)June 9th, 2011 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 9 (IANS) Controversial model Poonam Pandey, who had offered to go nude if India won the cricket World Cup, mourns the death of ace painter M.F. Husain and says she wanted him to paint her.
“RIP MFHussian its really sad day for India for such a gr8 loss… i alwayz had a wish, wanted him to paint me as he did it for Madhuri Dixit. I guess my wish wud be just a Dream!!! Just a DREAM (sic),” Poonam posted on micro-blogging site Twitter, following the news of Husain’s death in London.
The painter was 95.
Though Poonam failed to keep up her promise to go nude, she is currently challenging her action-adventure skills on “Khatron Ke Khiladi Torchaar”, aired on Colors.
Not performing at IIFA Toronto: Abhishek Bachchan
The grapevine was abuzz with news that the Bachchans are patching up with the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA), and that Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya would perform at the event in Toronto too. But the junior Bachchan has slammed the news.
“Just to clarify… Neither Aishwarya nor I will be performing or attending IIFA Toronto. Classic case of jumping the gun!” Abhishek posted on his Twitter page.
His father, megastar Amitabh Bachchan had been the brand ambassador of the IIFA awards since their inception in 2000, but last year, Big B couldn’t attend the event in Sri Lanka, and the concept of a brand ambassador itself was dropped.
Amitabh had earlier clarified that he would not be attending the event this year too.
“Not coming to Toronto IIFA… IIFA says my services are not required,” he had tweeted.
The IIFA weekend is to be held June 23-25.
Shreya dislikes being called ‘playback’
Shreya Ghoshal says she hates the practice of categorising crooners as “playback singers” in the Indian film industry.
“I’ll tell you that one sad part of our industry is that everything is behind the screen. Singers are called playback, which is very derogatory according to me,” Shreya told IANS.
The young and talented crooner, who has even won a national award, regrets that it takes a long time for the audience to know the real person behind the voices they love.
“When we go to perform anywhere, people come to see us and feel the personality. But the process of knowing how we look, how we talk, how we behave etc is very slow,” she added.
Shreya is currently seen as a judge on Sony Entertainment Television’s music reality show “X-Factor” along with Sonu Niigaam and Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- If Work Schedules Permit, We Will Attend IIFA: Abhishek Bachchan - Jan 21, 2011
- Will attend IIFA if we're free: Abhishek Bachchan - Jan 21, 2011
- Amitabh mourns Husain's death, remembers his 'sanjeevani booti' painting - Jun 09, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan no longer IIFA brand ambassador - Jan 17, 2011
- Shameful that Husain couldn't be in homeland: Twitterati - Jun 09, 2011
- Bachchan evacuated from London hotel following suspected explosion - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Sarkar 3' on cards, sans Aishwarya - Apr 25, 2012
- SRK feels excited to give parenting tips to Abhishek - Jun 23, 2011
- Bollywood ladies bless Ash at grand baby shower - Oct 19, 2011
- From billboards to Madhuri: Husain's love affair with cinema - Jun 09, 2011
- Abhi-Ash to attend Oscars? - Feb 25, 2011
- SRK to perform on IIFA stage after seven years - Jun 16, 2011
- Big B confirms granddaughter's name is Aaradhya - May 20, 2012
- No breaking news of Ash's baby, skeleton coverage on TV - Nov 16, 2011
- Aishwarya pregnant, says Big B - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, abuzz with news, amitabh bachchan, classic case, cricket world cup, crooners, death of ace, event in toronto, film academy, grapevine, inception, indian film industry, jumping the gun, khiladi, m f husain, madhuri dixit, playback singers, sad day, shreya ghoshal, snippets