Pooja Bhatt wants ‘Jism 2′ to be her ‘Arth’July 28th, 2012 - 12:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 28 (IANS) Pooja Bhatt wants “Jism 2″ to be a game changer for her, just as the 1982 “Arth” was for her father Mahesh Bhatt.
“I hope ‘Jism 2′ will be my ‘Arth’,” Pooja, 40, told IANS.
Pooja has directed four films — “Paap”, “Holiday”, “Dhokha” and “Kajraare” — none of which worked any magic at the box office. With the erotic thriller “Jism 2″, she is hoping for success, fame and acclaim.
“It’s a coincidence that even I am at the same stage (as my father). Even he had made around four movies (before ‘Arth’) and none of them did well. He was at a point in his career where nothing was moving,” she said.
Pooja also finds a common thread between “Arth” and “Jism 2″.
“Somewhere what’s the specialty of ‘Arth’ is that a lady makes a choice not to be with her husband and neither with her lover. In ‘Jism 2′, Isna, who is a porn star, makes a conscious choice for her life too.
“We are talking about choices and that’s the similarity between the two. ‘Jism 2′ is contemporary, it’s a world view film. It’s a game changer in more ways than one,” said Pooja, who has roped in Indo-Canadian porn star Sunny Leone to play the lead in the film.
“Jism 2″ is an erotic thriller and has received an ‘A’ rating from the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).
While many filmmakers reshoot bold scenes in a subtle way to telecast it on the small screen, Pooja says she didn’t want to get into that zone. She says it’s not possible to tone down an adult film and so she’d rather show her movie post the 11 p.m. slot on TV.
“I have made an adult film; you can’t really sell alcohol on a children’s channel! So if one is making a film with the adult title, how can I water down and release it in prime time in the afternoon?” she asked.
“I am very clear I want the 11 p.m. slot or I am open with the home video market. I have to look at new ways to look at the market for my product,” added the director, who played smart by releasing promotional videos of only those songs on TV that had no sexual content.
The rest were marketed online, “a more than worthy competitor of TV”, according to the director.
“Jism 2″, releasing Aug 3, also features Randeep Hooda and Arunoday Singh alongside Sunny.
- Double-meaning not my style, says Pooja Bhatt - Jul 24, 2012
- Only 'asexual' songs from 'Jism 2' on TV: Pooja Bhatt - Jun 27, 2012
- 'Jism 2' gets 'A' certificate - Jul 18, 2012
- I would love to work with Aamir: Sunny Leone - Aug 07, 2012
- Bipasha's 'Raaz 3' to uncover with Sunny's 'Jism 2' - Jul 23, 2012
- 'Jism 2' for common man who understands erotica: Pooja - Jul 19, 2012
- Youth ready to watch people like me on TV: Sunny Leone - Aug 09, 2012
- Want to be successful mainstream actress: Sunny Leone (Interview) - Sep 03, 2012
- Sunny Leone signs first endorsement deal in India (With Images) - Apr 26, 2012
- Suspense over Sunny Leone starring in 'Jism 2' - Jan 16, 2012
- Sunny Leone celebrates birthday with 'Jism 2' team - May 14, 2012
- Sunny's persona matches her 'Jism 2' role: Pooja Bhatt - Jan 23, 2012
- 'Jism 2' cast collaborates with PETA - Jun 07, 2012
- 'Jism 2' mystery girl revealed: It's Sunny Leone! (With Images) - Jan 19, 2012
- 'Jism 2' makes Rs.21 crore in opening weekend - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: adult film, adult title, arth, canadian porn, cbfc, coincidence, common thread, conscious choice, film certification, filmmakers, four films, home video market, indo canadian, isna, mahesh bhatt, movie post, pooja bhatt, prime time, similarity, sunny leone