Pollak’s Red Bird Cinema to make Sugar Ray biopicNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:51 am ICT by admin
The boxer said that though he had had several offers to tell his story on the big-screen, he had picked Red Bird Cinema because the company would give his story ‘the right voice’.
“I have been approached many times in the past regarding my life story, and I believe Red Bird Cinema has the perfect group of collaborators to give my story the right voice,” Variety quoted him, as saying.
The script for the movie is being penned by H.G. “Buzz” Bissinger.
Producing the pic with Pollak and his partners in year-old Red Bird - John Loar and the St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa is Sandlot Venture Group, a new investment company focused on film production, to help provide the financing for the Leonard project. (ANI)
- Tony La Russa talks on the David Letterman show - Nov 01, 2011
- Brit boxers David Haye, Carl Froch set to defend world titles in London - Jan 22, 2011
- Tony La Russa's Cardinal's get their 8th division title - Sep 28, 2009
- Cardinals paint the town red with their World Series parade - Oct 31, 2011
- Given my best to Sugar Ray: Usher - Jun 18, 2012
- Brit boxer Khan ready to take on superstar pal Manny Pacquiao - Apr 18, 2011
- Haye fumes at Klitschkos for avoiding bout with him - Jan 06, 2011
- Vitali Klitschko wants a spring fight with David Haye - Nov 16, 2010
- Vitali may replace injured brother Wladimir to fight Haye - Mar 08, 2011
- 'I'm done with boxing', says Mike Tyson - Oct 28, 2010
- Suresh Wadkar, Rekha Bhardwaj mesmerise at National Film Awards - Sep 09, 2011
- Klitschko brothers vow to send WBA champ Haye into retirement - Dec 27, 2010
- Amir Khan inks new contract with Golden Boy Promotions - Apr 20, 2011
- Hugh Jackman studied boxing with Sugar Ray Leonard for 'Real Steel' - Jan 27, 2011
- Mark Mcgwire To Return After Eight Year Hiatus - Oct 26, 2009
Tags: biopic, buzz bissinger, cinema, collaborators, film production, gold medal, investment company, life story, pollak, red bird, sandlot, st louis cardinals, sugar ray, tony la russa, venture group, wba, wbc, world champion