Politician Amar Turned Musician!June 4th, 2010 - 8:29 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 4, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Amar Singh, the veteran politician has now taken on the role of a musician for the Malayalam musical Bombay Mittayi by Umar Karrikkad.
Singh can be termed as the new found hero of Uttar Pradesh, who is starring opposite the talented actress Dimple Kapadia in the film. For those, who are not familiar with the politician turned actor’s acting career, this is his second film as he has already acted in Dev Anand’s murder mystery Chargesheet.
Acting in films can be a strong alternative career for Amar Singh as many producers have already lined up to take him in their films. He has absolutely no qualms as he says even an actor like Ranbir Kapoor could not have such a dream debut; my second film was almost done before the first film wasreleased.
Amar agreed to do the Malayalam film on one condition only. He wants the actress playing his wife’s should be of his choice. Singh says, “When the filmmaker agreed to my condition, I called up my close friend Dimple Kapadia and she agreed at once.” He adds, “I’m very camera friendly and acting in front of camera was like a picnic.”
The Bollywood critics, fans of Amar Singh from his Samajwadi days and even his enemies would be looking forward to see him in Chargesheet and Bombay Mittayi.
It does not end here! An industry insider informs that Amar Singh was offered to play the role of the nationalist leader, lawyer and poet Deshbandhu’ Chittaranjan Das in a Bengali film. The new hero says, “I’m reading the script.”
- Amar Singh Keen On Entering Bigg Boss 4 - Oct 26, 2010
- After politics, is Bollywood Amar Singh's next destination? - Feb 08, 2010
- I'd love to do a Malayalam film with Mammootty: Dimple Kapadia - Nov 04, 2010
- I am doing a Malayalam film again: Jayaprada - Nov 04, 2010
- Dimple Kapadia Turns 53! - Jun 08, 2010
- Amar Singh in Malayalam movies - Dec 29, 2009
- Madhur Bhandarkar Turns Actor On Smita Thackeray's Insistence - May 05, 2010
- Will turn deaf if invited to rejoin Samajwadi Party: Amar Singh - Nov 04, 2010
- President, PM mourn Rajesh Khanna's death (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Dimple Replaces Ragini In Kote - Sep 23, 2010
- The List For Padma Bhushan And Padma Shri Awards Recipients’ Of 2011 Announced - Jan 26, 2011
- Dimple Kapadia is the most passionate newcomer I have met that not even for a second could I feel that she is a big star-Kabir Sadanand - Apr 02, 2010
- Dimple warned me that she was a tough actress who would ask me for a retake as and when she did not like my scence- V.K. Prakash - Apr 01, 2010
- Rajesh Khanna unwell, stops food intake - Jun 20, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna hospitalized again - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: acting career, alternative career, bengali film, bombay, dev anand, dimple kapadia, dream debut, filmmaker, industry insider, malayalam film, murder mystery, musician, nationalist leader, new hero, picnic, qualms, reading the script, talented actress, umar, veteran politician