Police to reopen sex scandal case against Al GoreJuly 1st, 2010 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 1 (IANS) Police have decided to reopen an investigation into allegations that former US vice president Al Gore made unwanted sexual contact with a masseuse in a hotel in 2006.
However, Gore’s representative Kalee Kreider has issued a statement to deny “unequivocally and emphatically” allegations that the politician groped the masseuse.
“Further investigation into this matter will only benefit Mr. Gore. The Gores cannot comment on every defamatory, misleading and inaccurate story generated by tabloids. Mr. Gore unequivocally and emphatically denied this accusation when he first learned of its existence three years ago. He stands by that denial,” imdb.com quoted Kreider as saying.
Police had earlier said they considered the case closed due to “insufficient evidence to support the allegations”. But on Wednesday, officers in Portland, Oregon announced they are reopening the investigation.
Last week, a US tabloid printed masseuse Molly Hagerty’s statement to police last year accusing Gore of “unwanted sexual contact” during a massage session at a hotel.
The reopening of the case comes just weeks after Gore announced he had split from his wife Tipper Gore after 40 years of marriage.
- Al Gore finally speaks up as the police reopen his sexual assault case - Jul 02, 2010
- Gore 'unequivocally and emphatically' denies 'crazed sex poodle' allegations - Jul 02, 2010
- Police to Invetigate Molly Hagerty's Allegation Against Al Gore - Jul 01, 2010
- Police reopen Al Gore 'crazed sex poodle' investigation - Jul 01, 2010
- Tipper Deems That Al Gore Is Guiltless - Jul 10, 2010
- Al Gore won't be prosecuted in sexual assault probe - Jul 31, 2010
- Al Gore 'will not face charges over sexual assault claims' - Jul 31, 2010
- Portland police admit goof up in Al Gore sex case - Jul 02, 2010
- Former United States Vice-President Al Gore Accused Of Sexual Assault - Jun 25, 2010
- Al Gore interrogated over sex assault claims - Jul 28, 2010
- Masseuse claims Al Gore pestered her for sexual gratification - Jun 24, 2010
- Tipper Gore Does Not Believe Allegations Against Al Gore - Jul 10, 2010
- Al Gore is a pervert and sexual predator, says masseuse - Jul 01, 2010
- Al Gore accused of sexual assault - Jun 25, 2010
- National Enquirer denies paying masseuse $1m for Gore 'rape' story - Jun 25, 2010
Tags: accusation, al gore, denial, gores, hagerty, inaccurate story, insufficient evidence, investigation into allegations, kalee kreider, massage session, masseuse, molly, politician, portland oregon, sex scandal, sexual contact, tabloids, tipper gore, us vice president, wife tipper