Police threaten to arrest Justin Bieber over fears of riots by fansMarch 11th, 2011 - 4:59 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar 11 (ANI): Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber was threatened arrest by police in Britain over fears that his appearance could cause a “possible riot” among his frenzied fans.
According to TMZ.com, Bieber, 17, who was holed up in his Liverpool hotel room after fans swarmed the place, was warned by the police that if he stepped anywhere near the balcony of his hotel he would be arrested.
“This Is Crazy!” the New York Daily News quoted Bieber as tweeting even as police said the mob could turn into a “possible riot situation”
Bieber was in Liverpool, birthplace of the Beatles, for a stop on his tour when the teens got word of his location and created a scene reminiscent of 1960s Beatlemania.
The singer, who often tweets about how much he loves his fans, said that he was “trying to work it out so I can say whatup to my fans”.
Finally, police allowed a pyjamas-clad Bieber to go onto his balcony and wave, which only made the crowd stay but did not incite a riot.
“That was great! Got to say hi to everyone. We are following the rules. Lol. LOVEMYFANS,” he tweeted. (ANI)
- Bieber causes mayhem in mall during Boxing Day shopping spree - Dec 29, 2010
- Bieber sings in Mexico for free - Jun 13, 2012
- Justin Bieber saves his mum from fire - Apr 05, 2011
- Justin Bieber apologizes for flipping off paparazzi on b'day date - Mar 04, 2011
- Justin Bieber's meeting with Israeli PM called off - Apr 14, 2011
- Bieber's fans jammed hotel line - Apr 25, 2012
- Justin Bieber Fans Cause Stampede-Again - Apr 26, 2010
- Bieber in brawl with photographer? - May 28, 2012
- Justin Bieber sells out US gigs In 30 seconds - Jun 04, 2012
- Justin Bieber denies fathering a baby charges - Nov 04, 2011
- Chris Brown joins Planking team - Jul 05, 2011
- Justin Bieber tops 'Most Bizarre Concert Cancellations' poll - Aug 14, 2010
- Chris Brown to sue rapper Raz B? - May 30, 2012
- When female fans invaded Bieber's privacy - Mar 14, 2011
- Bieber fined for speeding - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: 1960s, appearance, balcony, beatles, canadian pop, crowd, fears, frenzied fans, hotel room, justin bieber, liverpool hotel, mob, new york daily news, pop singer, reminiscent, riot, riots, york daily news